StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I think my battery is dead. I was wondering where I might buy one locally . Auto zone ? NAPA ? Wal mart ? have any of you guys bought a battery at any of these places ? Or should I get an OEM or another brand ? Just asking for recommendations . Thanks !

·
Registered
936 Posts
O'Reillys has ETX12, excellent choice. The other stores will have similar, if you prefer AZ or Napa. Just be sure it's the fully sealed AGM type, not the one you have to add the acid and charge, (which would be the GTX 12). The E has bigger, beefier terminals and is ready to install without charging. A bit heavier, but strommers probably don't care about that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've used maintenance free conventional Yausa batteries for years in different bikes. They're low tech, not light, relatively cheap and work for my purposes. You can get them pretty much everywhere batteries are sold; Walmart, Autozone, etc. Others will disagree.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
My original OEM Yuasa battery in my Super Tenere died at 42 months, in Feb 2018. I bought a Super Start Platinum YTZ14S from O'Reilly Auto. I think it was around $99.00. It's been in the bike for over a year now in constant use, and it's working fine. It even came with a one year warranty.

·
Administrator
16,597 Posts
I use nothing but Yuasa AGM batteries. On a Battery Tender, I get 6-8 years out of them. Interstate batteries and the Yuasa US-made batteries are identical and excellent. I avoid the Taiwan and Mexican-made batteries.
Yup.....YUASA is my battery of choice too, and most OEM use them as well.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Will our battery cable terminal ends fit on the ETX12? The look like a different style of bolt down...
Yes, they fit. You may need to make use of a spacer that comes with the battery. No big deal. I've used batteries from NAPA and in an emergency Advance Auto Parts. No issues with either.

The NAPA Legend is a rebranded Deka battery, made by East Penn, he world's largest single site manufacturer. No reason not to buy.

No idea where the Advance Auto battery came from. I bought it to get me home when my stator failed for the second time, and I didn't quite make it home on the NAPA.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well , I went with a Duralast battery from auto zone. Have had good luck with their car batteries. It was 82 bucks with my old one as a core trade. We will see how long this bad boy last. If its junk , than I guess we live and learn. But like I said, have had good luck out of their car batteries. Thanks ! Now lets ride

·
Registered
95 Posts
I use nothing but Yuasa AGM batteries. On a Battery Tender, I get 6-8 years out of them. Interstate batteries and the Yuasa US-made batteries are identical and excellent. I avoid the Taiwan and Mexican-made batteries.
What do you mean when you say Interstate and Yuasa are identical? Do you mean in size, fit, cranking amps or? Not doubting just asking because I think Interstate is easier to find and less expensive in my area than Yuasa.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts