StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removing the battery to give it a charge on my larger charger. Owners manual doesn't make sense. Says to "Remove the screw. Pull off cover hook The cover has a hook at the circled place" I'm not finding the hook and the cover seems to form a plate where electrical connections, like the fuse box, are sitting. Hate to poke around and break something, especially electrical. Any helpful input appreciated.

Reactions: Webfors

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
If you're facing the front of the bike, there's one screw on the left side. Then there are two hooks near the back of that plastic plate that need to be pushed backwards to the back of the bike to free them from the hooks. You will not release the whole thing from the bike, because of the aforementioned wires that connect to the top of that plastic plate. But you can easily move it out of the way to remove the battery.

So one screw near the left front, two nooks at the bottom back... just need to slide it backwards to release.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
That being said, if you want to charge your battery periodically with an external charger, simply install an SAE unswitched plug to your battery. You'll have a dongle under the seat that you can pull out and plug into your external charger.

That's what I do with my fancy external chargers. Saves time, effort and skinned knuckles.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the great input guys, the text and photos make it much clearer :thumbup: Now that I see it, removing the V-Strom battery is easier than my K75.

My Vee came with a SAE pigtail and I've got it hooked up to a Battery Tender Jr. My Mac Tools charger only has the clips, but does a good job of giving a deep charge before winter sets in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts