StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I had an issue with the battery and when I removed it I did not realise that the tiny nut/plate was there and mislaid it.

Do you guys know what size I need to get as these are not easy to get and a nut will not work as it is quiet fiddly to get to with a spanner and I need a plate?

Or what alternatives I have?

·
Registered
710 Posts
In a pinch, I have used a hex nut before. Slide the nut into the slot and use a screwdriver wedged between the nut and the side of the terminal to hold it while you tighten the bolt. Once snugged, the soft metal will hold the nut sufficiently enough to tighten down. Be sure to do this on the negative terminal, or only the positive if the negative terminal has not been installed.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Negative terminal first when removing cables. Positive terminal first when installing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh that is what I did. Will order up the part from a dealer. It is a weird set up and hard to get that plate locally.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I doubt if that is somethng you can order, but your dealer would certainly have one he should give you from an old battery. Heck, I bet someone on the forum lives close to you and has several in their spares bin.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Heck, I bet someone on the forum lives close to you and has several in their spares bin.:thumbup:

Yep. I save weird battery hardware for these situations.

Most batteries use fairly normal 6mm screws and/or nuts, but a few use those damn little plates. :furious:

·
Registered
944 Posts
I have used 'normal' hex nuts before. You may have to file it done some to make it skinny enough to fit in the holder slot.

·
Registered
326 Posts
$&#* little nut plate

since is a holiday weekend, at least here in THE COLONIES, i would imagine you would have a problem finding anything

when the shops open, on Wednesday, call around for a shop that sells any motorcycle batteries

in my experience, most m/c batteries use a similar part & i bet by using the associated screw, you can be back on the road shortly

that is, unless you don't hold a properly sized hex nut in a pair of vise-grips & file it into submission(using the above mentioned screw driver trick for snugging...)

& don't forget THE WOLF MANS order of re-connection

shiny side up

sw

1 - 8 of 8 Posts