StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
only put 8k on my new wee since April... but hope to do better next year.

wow, i can't believe i've actually owned a bike that i could generally care less about how it looks. in fact it looks great dirty!

but i think i'll start a tradition and give it an "annual bath" tomorrow... every October whether it needs one or not... what the heck!?

or maybe not... :confused:

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
I try not to let my OCD get out of control, but I do wash and detail my Wee whenever I change the oil or do any other work of equal or greater complexity. I can't stand the thought of working on a dirty, grimy piece of machinery.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
I love an advertisement

Bike never saw rain washed weekly.

Keeping her clean does have a benefit a lot of dirt is hydoscopic or corrosive. Left in humidity it will act on the finish indefinetly. Usually a soap compound is a little alkaline which helps stop some corrosion.

Just don't leave her wet, Meaning at least a full temperature higher speed ride of like 20 minutes. I wince when I hear of the washed and put away for the winter.

An electric leaf blower will start the process nicely

I also like to leave her in the bright sun and wind if I can

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well she's nice and clean again... took about one hour.

not bad compared to my HDs... which took about 4 hours every 2-3 weeks and constant primping in between.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Washed the Wee last year. Maybe next year if time allows. :green_lol:

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
What's this "wash" you speak of ???

Buy yourself soem decent rain gear; you won't have to "wash" your bike anymore...

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Maybe 'truck wash'...that wind you get when going round a truck? HA!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I spend about 10 minutes "putting up" the wee when I'm done with it by cleaning the bugs off with pledge and a micro fiber. then, I wipe down the forks with aircraft hydraulic fluid to keep them from pitting and wearing out the seals prematurely. I have mud and dirt in the fenders, but I think that can wait until the annual wash job…
-Kevin

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hmm, when was the last time I washed one of my bikes?

I think I threw that jacket away a few years ago.

·
Registered
66 Posts
whats the point.

:thumbup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts