StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on some Barkbusters today, easy job. The one tip I would pass along is to use a tie wrap and tie the lever to the handlebar so you have better access to the two screws on the back of the handguard.

·
Registered
587 Posts
The one tip I would pass along is to use a tie wrap and tie the lever to the handlebar so you have better access to the two screws on the back of the handguard.

I just put the plastic on before attaching the bar. Lol

I really like my storms. I have had a couple low speed drops off road and the only damage was scratches to the plastic

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've used both. The stockers are not bad for wind protection but that's about it. They won't protect the controls even in a standing tip over situation.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just put the plastic on before attaching the bar. Lol

I really like my storms. I have had a couple low speed drops off road and the only damage was scratches to the plastic
Doh! That would have been even easier....

I have the Storm covers and love 'em so far.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've used both. The stockers are not bad for wind protection but that's about it. They won't protect the controls even in a standing tip over situation.
Same here, and I agree. The OEM handguards offer good wind protection but won't protect the bike.

I replaced them with Barkbusters.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Have you ever used the OEM hand guards? If so, how do you rate them in terms of wind blocking compared to the BB's?
I can't compare, but my OEMs do a great job of wind blocking.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have both. BB's are definitely better, but they cost x2 the price of oem's. One nice feature about the BB's is that the plastic guard is easily removed for hot weather riding.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts