StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2015 650 vstrom and want to put Barkbusters handguards on. I also use the Kaoko Throttle lock. Which model of Barkbusters di you all use? Single point mount . Double point mount? What was the installlation like? Any pictures ? Where did you get them for the best price? Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
I've got Barkbusters with a Kaoko Throttle lock and Oxford heated grips on my 2015 650 EXP. They were on the bike when I bought it so I can't tell you anything about installation but the Barkbusters are double point mount and can be found here.

I know that the setup on my bike was purchased at twistedthrottle.com and up until a few months ago, they had a package deal with all three above listed components, ready to install on a 650 V-Strom -- I don't see that package listed on their site anymore.

I'll take a photo of my set up tomorrow and post it here if that'll help.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I installed Barkbusters VPS 2 point mount and kaoko throttle lock on my '16 650. It was pretty straightforward to install them.
If you already have a kaoko I don't believe it will work, they offer different versions for specific build outs, you need the version that is made for barkbusters.

·
Premium Member
5,066 Posts
What he said...different model.

Since you have to change ..consider the GoCruise 2 with the tension wheel

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installed mine over the weekend and all I had touse was longer M6x 4 1/4" hex head bolts that I got from Amazon in a pack of tem. So if any of you need a bolt, contact me andthey are free for a fellow member!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts