StromTrooper banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
1984 gpz550............

I traded my 2012 NC700X (the one I had at the 2017 Vstrom Rally) for this Vintage Kawasaki........time to let someone else relive their younger days. It will be for sale, along with 3-4 nice bikes, at Swap Meet Space H-30/31.....Thursday thru Sunday. No rain in the forecast until early next week.......but gonna be another HOT ONE!!!

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,768 Posts
Everyone,

Wow. It takes no time at all before you are going "honey, look at that!" Head turning left, then right, then left, synapse firing as one happy memory after another appear large as life in front of you. And that just the access road to pick up your tickets. I couldn't make it through the parking lot with stopping, getting out, running over and saying what is that?! A vintage Kawasaki I never heard of. And bike after bike that I had only seen in magazines. Still just in the second parking lot.

The icons of the motorcycle world. Vincent black shadows, Brough Superiors, real Indian board track racers. I point and say, when I ws a kid I had three motorcycle brochures on my wall and that was one of them. Thirty feet later I say "this was my first motorcycle." Hadn't seen one in real life since.... can't remember.

Everywhere HAPPY people grinning ear to ear having a good time.

If you can, get away from the computer and go.

Mark,

I saw a CB500X parked next to this bike with a great looking air of mirror extenders and fork brace.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Ace Cafe Orlando just put up a bunch of nice photos on Facebook.

·
Vendor
5,768 Posts
Well I missed Mark. Whoevber was not at H1/H2 was not him.

But I did get a caliper to add a second brake to my H1. And I had the privilege of meeting a couple who rode V-Stroms around the world in 2011, very much post retirement. The husband and wife each rode their own strom and had no mechanical issues what so ever on the trip. The were initially told they wouldn't make it because of their cast wheels. Three wheels needed to be replaced before the group made it out of the US. All on BMWs and spoked. The stroms did fine.

I was surprised to realize that I liked looking at the individual owners bike attending the festival even more than those in the museum. Even though many were restored or over restored, they were being ridden and had a little more character than the static fully restored displays often communicated.

Oddly enough the bike that left the biggest impression on me wasn't the $100K vincents for sale or the $500K something I never heard of. It was a Moto Guzzi Falcone. I didn't take a photo all rust brown one I saw, but here is a stock pic.

The pic just doesn't communicate what tank this thing was. It was a 500 single, but that single looked like was 750.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts