StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about making a run down to the Barber museum in the next couple of weeks. It is a fanTAStic place for motorcyclists, and this will be my third trip.

Anyone interested in going?

·
Registered
20 Posts
What date are you planning on going? I am usually good on any Thursday, Friday or Saturday since I am off work those days. I have got a friend who just got a 2007 BMW GT who would probably love to come too. We're in Montgomery so we don't have far to come. You are right about Barbers; it is a fantastic place that you have to see to believe.

Robert

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, to be honest I haven't thought it through that much. I work M-F so Saturday is best for me. Sunday is OK but I prefer Saturdays. Other than that I'm good pretty much any weekend. You guys have any preferences?

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, somehow I missed your post. Anything but mid-September is fine by me too. I've got a long trip planned September 13 - 20 and a trip to the Cherohala Skyway and the Dragon on August 16 (that one just came up) so I won't be around those weekends, but anything else is fine.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This coming weekend I'm on the Cherohala and the Dragon with some VFR guys. September 13-18ish I'm heading south for a week. Any time other than those I'm good so somebody pick a date ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
If you have time, little river canyon road is sweet. You guy's being from Alabama probably know this, but I just rode it for the first time a few weeks ago and had a blast. Enjoy Barber.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Let's Go!

Hey Scott,

I want in if you're going on a Saturday. I've been wanting to go to Barber's and I've never met anyone from the forums. It would be cool to do both and ride with other Stromtroopers. How about Saturday Sept. 27th? It looks like that fits everyone's schedule that posted in this thread.

Let me know, cause I want in on the fun.

Shea

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Scott,

I want in if you're going on a Saturday. I've been wanting to go to Barber's and I've never met anyone from the forums. It would be cool to do both and ride with other Stromtroopers. How about Saturday Sept. 27th? It looks like that fits everyone's schedule that posted in this thread.

Let me know, cause I want in on the fun.

Shea
Works for me ... Saturday, September 27 it is.

What part of North Alabama are you in? Going to Barber I normally just blow straight down I-65 and usually stop in Athens for breakfast at the Waffle House. We can meet at any of the exits.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Say 8:00 tentatively. Depends on weather, etc. but I normally leave about 6:00 or 6:30 for trips like this. It's about 90 minutes to Athens from Nashville.

Exit 351 is at Highway 72 and that's where I usually stop. There is a Waffle House there as well as a Shoneys and a couple of other places to eat. I normally top off my gas as well.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Sounds good to me. Maybe we can swap cell numbers a little closer to the 27th.

Hopefully several stromtroopers or even non-stromtroopers will make the trip with us or meet up with us at Barber's.

Shea

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'll try to go if I don't have to work, I live about 30 minutes from Athens. Little River Canyon near Ft. Payne is a good ride too but it takes about all day, I rode it earlier this year and rode 300 on the trip. Barber Vintage Festival is in October, I always ride the Buffalo to that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I wanna go

Got room for another wee????

that date is good for me. I will be coming out of Cartersville, Ga.

·
Registered
9 Posts
29 dreams

yall need to ride on down hiway 25 south out of leeds to 29 dreams motorcycle only resort . they have good food and drinks nice place

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I suspect they can find room enough for anyone that wants to go ;) The museum is huge and there is plenty of parking.

We'll firm things up a little closer to the 27th but figure on September 27 and getting to the museum about 10:00 CDT. I'll make a stop in Athens, AL for a bite to eat and to meet Bogey78 about 8:00 so anyone who wants to meet up there is welcome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Fun Barber Trip

Sounds like a great ride. I'll be at Thunder Beach that weekend. Check out "29 Dreams" motorcycle resort online. It's not very far from Barber's. I've only been there once, but I really enjoyed their breakfast buffet. All types of bikes were there.

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, the 27th is a week from this Saturday and the long-range weather forecast looks great. I'm still planning on going and there should be another VFR guy from here going.

Here is the tentative schedule so far: I'm meeting a Bogey78 in Athens, AL at 8:00 and plan on getting to the museum at 10:00 give or take a few minutes.

Anyone who wants to meet up along the way somewhere, or at the museum itself, is certainly welcome. Username9999, Spikester if you want to up somewhere along the line let me know when and where.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts