StromTrooper banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 DL650XAA
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I have spent a few hours checking out the many Bar-Riser posts on this forum and I have a question.

I am a short "Old Geezer": 5' 4", 30" inseam and 140lbs soaking wet.

I find after a couple of hours in the saddle my back starts to ache, I seem to be stretching too much to reach the bars.

Below are a couple of photos with me on the bike, not much of a bend in the arms. ;-)

I have the OEM low seat fitted and feel very comfortable when coming to a stop, one foot down all good.

Any of the short folks out there had any success with fitting bar-risers to alleviate back ache? I would really like to hear from you, what risers did you use?

I was thinking about purchasing these Zeta Bar Risers from Turkey, 26mm higher 20mm back:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071CX5L57/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U__hfC5BbGVHZH50

It would seem that after cruising through the posts on Bar Risers these Zeta risers seem to fit with the minimum of fuss.

Thanks in Advance.
Matthew
Toronto.

Product Font Auto part Composite material Screenshot

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

Footwear Shoe Vehicle Outerwear Automotive lighting

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hey Shedboy,
I have the exact same risers on my 2013 DL650.
Without them I had some pain in my mid back up to between the shoulder blades and the riser helped.
I'm a bit taller at 5'9'' but have long legs with my 32.5'' inseam.
I found that rotating the handlebars a bit forward was more comfortable to me than too far back.
If I were to restart I'd go with the Rox risers since they offer more adjustment but I was worried about cable length at the time.
Good Luck!
G.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Rox also makes riser blocks similar to those Zetas. My friend who is appx 5'7" 29"in used the Rox blocks on his 2012 650 with good results.
The Rox pivoting style typically raise the bar 1.75-2" which may not be what you need at 5'4"

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
when you lowered the seat you essentially raised the bars. If you install the Zeta offset ones you will again raise the bars even further. I think this will come down to if you like having them raised so much. Do you have this issue with the stock seat? Maybe a stock seat and lowering links would be a better option? If you go with something like this https://fortnine.ca/en/rox-speed-fx-2-anti-vibe-pivot-risers-for-7-8-and-1-1-8-handlebars you could bring the bars back without raising them I think, maybe reach out to Rox to confirm but I think you could have them angled back pretty far. Fortnine has cheaper versions that do not have the antivibe feature.

Reactions: ShedBoy

·
Registered
2020 650 Adv
18 Posts
I am 5'9" and felt "reaching" on my 20 Wee Adv so added the Zeta 1" up and 1" back. Very happy not reaching so much and stand up for dirt is better. The Rox pivots might be better but cable length worked on Zeta 1". 2000 mile dirt and tarmac coming up.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

1 - 10 of 10 Posts