StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to raise my handlebars and bring them a bit closer to me - 2010 V strom 650 with ABS - looked at the bar risers sold by Twisted Throttle but it specifies non- ABS versions only. I'm assuming there isn't enough play in the ABS line, but when I had a look today it sure seems that there is room. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
470 Posts
There is about 1" maximum play available in the OEM brake line. If you're looking at moving the bars up and back you will need an extended brake line. Blair at svracingparts.com can set you up with one.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
What Merlin says. I have ABS and risers. I bought an extended brake line from Blair with the risers. Works fine.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
My wife's Wee had up and back risers. In addition to a longer brake line it was necessary to remove the wiring harness from the retention clip to allow the bars to turn without pulling on the wires. Easter Beaver sells the two extension cables required to allow the cables to go back into the normal position. You can ride without the extensions.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My wife's Wee had up and back risers. In addition to a longer brake line it was necessary to remove the wiring harness from the retention clip to allow the bars to turn without pulling on the wires. Easter Beaver sells the two extension cables required to allow the cables to go back into the normal position. You can ride without the extensions.
Does your wife's bike have the SW Motech up and back risers? I was hoping I wasn't going to have to extend the brake line.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Does your wife's bike have the SW Motech up and back risers? I was hoping I wasn't going to have to extend the brake line.
I think they were GenMar, but memory on that one is old. Pretty sure it was not SW Motech.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I added 1" up and 1" back risers to my 2011ABS. The stock brake line was too short. I opted for a longer new brake line instead of a line extension.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I don't have ABS on my 2008. I wonder if that means I won't need extra brake line?

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
I added 1" up and 1" back risers to my 2011ABS. The stock brake line was too short. I opted for a longer new brake line instead of a line extension.
The extension is optional for the wiring harness. New brake line is a requirement on ABS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts