StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the bar end off to remove the helmet hook and give it to a buddy and to install new grip puppies. Turns out my dog didn't like the puppies and ate one... Anyways I went to put the bar ends back in and it wont screw in... I popped the rubber piece out and I dont see anything in there... I even fished around with a clothes hanger... Any ideas? I can't ride the bike without it because my bark busters are not attached to anything!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
You probably made the mistake of taking the screw all the way out. It's just supposed to be loosened and the assembly wiggled out. Does the rubber piece have the captured nut inside? If not and you can't see it, take the other side out properly. Then you can use compressed air, a plumbers snake or any flexible shaft type item to run through the bars and push the contents out.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope its gone haha. I tried fishing it out with a hanger and searched ground in case it fell out. Is this a specific part or a generic? If so what is it called. We have a Honda dealer locally that I can get it from but no Suzuki dealer.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
38,047 Posts

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried fishing it from the side i lost it from, pretty sure it's in the middle of the bars now as I was pushing in to the part where it declines and wasn't getting any resistance. I don't have anything that I could use to push it out from the inside of it.

I have an air compressor from work that I am going to borrow tomorrow I just don't think it's going to be powerful enough to blow it out but we shall find out :)

Can't find anyone that sells it online that ships from within Canada so I emailed a couple of dealers.

Lesson learned on this one! haha.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got it back on!

The previous owner of my bike was a doctor lady. She didn't do ANY work on it herself, she gave me a STACK of service records when I purchased the bike so this had to be done by the dealer when they installed the brush guards.

I got looking at the diagram and at the parts that I had and it wasn't even close. It was missing parts 6 7 9 and in place of them was a bunch of washers and a regular nut. I am also either missing part 5 or 8.

I found the regular nut on the ground earlier but never realized it was the part I needed because it was just a regular nut and not in the parts diagram. Can you tell from the picture if I am missing 5 or 8 or even both and they just stock a rubber piece in it's place?

very frustrated that a dealer would do this kind of work... They also used the wrong size push pins in a bunch of spots that I found yesterday and need to replace.. sloppy! Unless of course I am just reading the diagram wrong... but I don't see a stack of wires and the bolt looks different.

What a weekend! haha! at least I didn't have much else to do LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
38,047 Posts
That's a real hatchet job.

·
Super Moderator
4,514 Posts
I have just installed a set of ProTaper ATV Mid alloy bars and have attached a couple of pics of the original bar end weight system. There are 6 parts - nut, compression rubber, washer, anti rattle rubber part and the weight and bolt.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Aren't these things fun? I just installed Barkbusters on mine and they were a bitch to get on properly. It's the universal kit so it's not specific to the Wee. One on my expander nuts is floating in the handlebars still... I didn't have the heart to disassemble the other side to get it out with a compressor... :frown:
It's now a winter project! The universal kit doesn't come with end weights and I really couldn't reuse the old ones. There is definitely more vibration in the 6000RPM range.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have just installed a set of ProTaper ATV Mid alloy bars and have attached a couple of pics of the original bar end weight system. There are 6 parts - nut, compression rubber, washer, anti rattle rubber part and the weight and bolt.
thanks! i'm missing a few parts for sure LOL. Seemed fine on the ride in to work today though and since it's really just used to hold it in place I may not bother replacing it. I can think of other ways to spend 30 bucks lol.

·
Super Moderator
4,514 Posts
Aren't these things fun? I just installed Barkbusters on mine and they were a bitch to get on properly. It's the universal kit so it's not specific to the Wee. One on my expander nuts is floating in the handlebars still... I didn't have the heart to disassemble the other side to get it out with a compressor... :frown:
It's now a winter project! The universal kit doesn't come with end weights and I really couldn't reuse the old ones. There is definitely more vibration in the 6000RPM range.
Universal means "Doesn't really fit anything properly" so you spend all day modifying and re adjusting to fit one side, only to find that you cannot get the other side to match! :headbang:

I didn't do barkbusters so that I could keep the weights.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
I just got it back on!

The previous owner of my bike was a doctor lady. She didn't do ANY work on it herself, she gave me a STACK of service records when I purchased the bike so this had to be done by the dealer when they installed the brush guards.

I got looking at the diagram and at the parts that I had and it wasn't even close. It was missing parts 6 7 9 and in place of them was a bunch of washers and a regular nut. I am also either missing part 5 or 8.

I found the regular nut on the ground earlier but never realized it was the part I needed because it was just a regular nut and not in the parts diagram. Can you tell from the picture if I am missing 5 or 8 or even both and they just stock a rubber piece in it's place?

very frustrated that a dealer would do this kind of work... They also used the wrong size push pins in a bunch of spots that I found yesterday and need to replace.. sloppy! Unless of course I am just reading the diagram wrong... but I don't see a stack of wires and the bolt looks different.

What a weekend! haha! at least I didn't have much else to do LOL.

So, now that you have them back on, what do you think about the Helmet Hook?

George

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
"wish I'd read / seen this thread BEFORE removing the screw for my bar end weight..."

It's a newby thing, lots of us have done it. Right of Passage to Stromdom!

Shit, how do you think GW knows about it!:green_lol:

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Universal means "Doesn't really fit anything properly" so you spend all day modifying and re adjusting to fit one side, only to find that you cannot get the other side to match! :headbang:

I didn't do barkbusters so that I could keep the weights.
I have barkbusters and kept the stock bar end weights, plus added additional barkbuster weights outside of that.

·
38,047 Posts
how do you think GW knows about it!
I read about it here and in the instructions for installing hand guards. I forget which came first, but I never ran a bar end screw all the way out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts