StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put on some bar end weights. I have the oem hand guards on my K7 Wee. Salamander bar ends state do not fit with hand guards that connect to bar end. What are people doing fro bar ends and oem hand guards?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I just use the stock weights. I have no bar vibration problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Bar weights vs. birdshot

Get some lead birdshot, I used #9 and put it in the handlebar. The bar will resonate no more and is dead.

This worked better for me and really stopped any vibration.

Proctor Willson
Paris, TN

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Get some lead birdshot, I used #9 and put it in the handlebar. The bar will resonate no more and is dead.

This worked better for me and really stopped any vibration.

Proctor Willson
Paris, TN
Thats a good one. We used to do the same for recoil in our pump shotguns. Drill a hole in the stock about the size of a quarter as ddep as we dare and fill it about 2/3's with 9 shot. Worked pretty well for free.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
+1 for lead buckshot in the handlebars, I did that with my FZ1 and I plan to do the same on the Strom. Just don't forget its in there if you ever go to remove the bar ends or you'll have a real mess on your hands, don't ask how I know :D

·
Registered
800 Posts
How much bird shot?

I've got a 25# bag of #8 shot left over from sporting clays, how full do you fill the bar?

·
Registered
646 Posts
+1 for lead buckshot in the handlebars, I did that with my FZ1 and I plan to do the same on the Strom. Just don't forget its in there if you ever go to remove the bar ends or you'll have a real mess on your hands, don't ask how I know :D
What about the "wad"??

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
What if "Q" is watching this thread?

Wee Willy brings up an interesting point. Put a detonator amidships in the bars, then some black powder, then your birdshot, and you have the makings for a fine double-shot at the creeps in the cars to your left and right.

"Now, James, this red button will take of anyone to either side of you ... "

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well I do have some 209 primers, 700X powder and imitation (made in China) wads as well. I don't like the idea of black powder as it is more explosive. I still have the question on how full the bars need to be to see a reduction in vibration.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I've got a 25# bag of #8 shot left over from sporting clays, how full do you fill the bar?
I'd fill it most of the way, but don't pack it full. You want it loose enough that the shot can vibrate a bit and absorb accordingly, but not so loose that turning corners causes the shot to slide back and forth.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Thanks MZ Unfortunatley that is what I was assuming. I might try it later as I have all I need except time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts