StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if the bar end assembly for the Vee also fits the Wee?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The stock ones are different. The Vee's is the same as the Wee's with accessory hand guards. That being said, the Vee's will fit the Wee, hand guard or not. The difference is the addition of a part to accept the hand guard end and a longer screw.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bar end

Thanks for the info. Greywolf. The part about hand-guards is a little obscure. I had hand-guards previously and abandoned them when i lost the bar-end and all parts. Reverted to the standard setup and now of couse, I've lost one of those.

How do I keep from losing the #[email protected]&^* things?:furious:

·
38,103 Posts
I've never hear of such a problem. The usual problem with bar end weights is with taking the screws all the way out instead of just loosening it and wiggling the weight assembly out. That renders the expander and nut inside the bar inaccessible so the screw can't be tightened. As long as the screw can be tightened though, there should not be a problem.

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
I've never hear of such a problem. The usual problem with bar end weights is with taking the screws all the way out instead of just loosening it and wiggling the weight assembly out. That renders the expander and nut inside the bar inaccessible so the screw can't be tightened. As long as the screw can be tightened though, there should not be a problem.
Easily retrieved though. Take off the other grip and blow forcefully into the handlebar. You should have a catcher on the other end though, as the nut will fly out of the bars pretty fast.

Just being helpful...

:yesnod:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm...............

The parts are all stilll in there from my original config. with hand guards. When I lost the outside screw, spacer, and end pieces, etc., I just replaced all of them, out & in with new stock parts. Removed the hand guards. It's that entire assembly that's missing now. Old parts are still in there I'm sure. Doubt I have anything forceful enough to blow them out. And if I actually remove them, i've still lost most of the pieces, outside and inside anyway. Not a lot to be retrieved. Why would the entire assembly fall out & get lost?:headbang:

·
38,103 Posts
I don't see any way for the assembly to come out if the screw was tightened.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tightened?

Maybe not tightened enough,but I really cranked it down after I lost the first setup. Will try harder this time.

·
38,103 Posts
Maybe you ought to check it weekly. It's not a common problem.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes

I guess so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts