StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the clamp on bar end mirrors like the one in the Aerostich catalog or any other non stock option ?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Most use non stock mirrors or mirror extenders on the stock mounts. Bar end mirrors tend to vibrate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have used them for about 4,000 miles and am fully satisfied.

It took an hour of shopping in the Midwest Fastener section of the hardware store to find all the bushings and grommets I needed to make a solid installation off of the stock bar end weights, but well worth the effort.

There IS some vibration related blurring when pulling below 4,000 rpms, but it is minor.

These units are extremely well made, fully functional, and aesthetically pleasing as well. Just like my V-Strom.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Keeping the bar end weights helps a lot. Bar end mirrors I've used would require replacing the bar end weights.

·
Registered
203 Posts
About vibration. Replace the stock handlebars and vibrations will decrease depending on the bar you chose.
I used a set of YZ bars for about two weeks on the Strom and after replacing them I surprised at the amount of vibration in stock bars, but that isn't a new comment. Might be helpful for those considering bar end mirrors.

I have a mirror that I tried on the left side and I really liked the look of the bike, picturing in my head one on the right side. I didn't like that I had to look away from the road and down past my hand. The stock mirrors give me a great view of half my shoulder but I can quickly glance at them. Stock mirrors look like poo.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mirrors

The mirrors I'm talking about actually clamp on to the stock bar end. It looks like hey're made my a company call CRG.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Did you remove the stock mirrors or just add the bar ends as extras? Maybe a picture for us with no imagination? :wink:

mcnorlander said:
I have used them for about 4,000 miles and am fully satisfied.

It took an hour of shopping in the Midwest Fastener section of the hardware store to find all the bushings and grommets I needed to make a solid installation off of the stock bar end weights, but well worth the effort.

There IS some vibration related blurring when pulling below 4,000 rpms, but it is minor.

These units are extremely well made, fully functional, and aesthetically pleasing as well. Just like my V-Strom.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts