StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
I'm looking at going that route myself. I'm concerned with the effect they might have on bar movement at highway speed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I can contribute about 2 cents worth. I bought my 03 1000 used last year. The previous owner added Napoleon bar end mirrors before I bought the bike. I have no experience with any other mirror on the Vstrom. I do have experience with mirrors on other bikes, but I can’t offer a comparison for the VStrom .

For rear visibility they are excellent. I never have my shoulder block my rear view. They must be tightened especially after a top end run. The wind can push them enough to require an adjustment (probably true of most mirrors). There is very little vibration most of the RPM range. I have dropped my bike several times in the dirt and the mirror had no damage. It has a natural give to turn and will move before it breaks. I recently dropped my bike hard on the left side on the pavement ( thought the kick stand was down). The clutch lever broke but the mirror just had a small scratch.

I like them, they do the job. Hope this is helpful.
Here some pics, I'll can post more later if needed.

Bill

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wasabi

Im a dummy. Just posted a question about mirrors and find this thread. I had the same bar end mirrors on my old 00 sv650. Cant remember the name of the brand. Do you know where I can get a set (online)?

Actually I was searching for Wasabi. Saw the pic of his bike in the gallery. Love the way it looks.
http://stromtrooper.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10021/NC Me at Deal Gap.jpg

Are there more pics? What are the cosmetic mods?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi ryan

"I had the same bar end mirrors on my old 00 sv650. Cant remember the name of the brand. Do you know where I can get a set (online)? "

Nopolean Baren mirror. One nice thing about these mirrors is that they are reversable, can be used on either left or right side.

Ebay site has exact ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4544256036&category=35610&sspagename=WDVW

"Actually I was searching for Wasabi. Saw the pic of his bike in the gallery. Love the way it looks. "

Thanks , but I can't take much credit for the mods, most were done before I bought the bike. The previous owner was a 69 yo former race car driver. He was very particular about how his bikes looked. Some mods include, painted entire bike silver, upholstered seat in silver, removed all turn signal lights and replaced with flush mount on front and micro on back, added diode running lights front and back., all body bolts have covers , and flashing tail light. I’ll take some pics and post soon.

Wow !, I saw your web pics, very impressive mods you have.

Bill

W

·
0 Posts
I love these mirrors and have put them on several of my past motorcycles. They really work nicely on my Yamaha XV920RJ (the European version of the Virago) as it is a cafe racer style bike. That being said, I personally think they look really weird on the 'Strom. Of course, the 'Strom looks really weird to begin with, so hey, to each his own!

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
We Arlington types need to get together so I can see how your mirrors look & work.

Bill, how is the foot doing?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Does anyone know how to do these and keep the handlebar weig

It looks like the ones shown replace the handle bar weights. I that correct? I guess the handle bar could be filled with fishing weights or something. Any experience without the handle bar weights? Does anyone one know of any that will work with the handle bar weights?

Thanks

C

·
0 Posts
I have 2 sets on the way Nap.'s and Emgos (assuming I win the auction). We'll see which fit best with my aluminum bars. I'll post my results and opinion.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Gilk51 said:
We Arlington types need to get together so I can see how your mirrors look & work.

I agree, I'll call you this weekend.

Bill, how is the foot doing?
Foot recovering slowly , today first time in 7 weeks with shoe, will try a boot first time Sunday and maybe even ride my bike. :shock:

Bill

·
Registered
41 Posts
ryan said:
I look forward to the pics.

[email protected]
Hi Ryan,
here are some pics of the mods done to my bike before I bought it. I added the off road mods (Crash bar, skid plate). So far all the light mods have stay on even after laying the bike down several times.

Love the VStrom mod site. ( I get it now :oops: )

Mod Pics

Engine bolt covers

Light Mods

Running light rear

Other Mods

Bike painted silver, Seat silver, Vstrom badge removed from Right side

Other Pics here
http://wasabi.smugmug.com/gallery/496752/1

Hope this is helpful.

Bill

·
Registered
41 Posts
ryan said:
wasabi

Also. Cant put my finger on it but the area behind the seat looks custom. Am I wrong?

Ryan
That is an oxford humpback tail bag. Also a brace for the Venturi Pack system.

Tail Bag short position

Tail bag tall (full) position

Oxford web page http://lockitt.safeshopper.com/20/145.htm

Ventura small rack

Ventura Tall rack

web site with detailed pics of my mods
http://wasabi.smugmug.com/gallery/index.mg?logOut=1&AlbumID=496752&Page=2&ImageID=20409775

Thanks
Bill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts