StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a pair of bar end expanders laying around. I have some OEM Knuckle Guards to mount on after market bars which do not expanders in the bars. It looks like the Guards need to have the bar end weights to secure the guards.
Or any alternatives that might work!!!???

Thanks ?

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Does anyone have a pair of bar end expanders laying around. I have some OEM Knuckle Guards to mount on after market bars which do not expanders in the bars. It looks like the Guards need to have the bar end weights to secure the guards.
Or any alternatives that might work!!!???

Thanks ��

You can use rubber or flexible plastic hose (like fuel line) slightly smaller than the handlebar ID, couple of inches is enough.

Run the handguard bolt through it with a nut on the end. Tightening the bolt will collapse and expand the tubing wedging it inside the bar.

·
Registered
347 Posts
If you have access to a decent band saw you could take a tube with an OD that's just smaller vs the ID of the handle bar, and that has a hole in the middle for a bolt.

Then cut the tube at an angle the way when you tighten the nut at the end of the bolt it will draw the wedge up and tighten the whole shebang in the bar.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gentleman, 2 great ideas!!?
I found these, Osan Cicmod bar end plugs, on Amazon. Installed Knuckle Guards and they worked just fine.

Thanks for your help..?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts