StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I need some help with this one.

I've got a DL650K7A and did the 4-pot caliper upgrade (Brembo 30/34 calipers). Instead of the original Brembo banjo bolts, I used banjo/bleeder bolts. I noticed back then that the internal diameter of all passages (sides and bottom) of the bleeder banjo bolts was somewhat smaller than the OE Brembo bolts. Nonetheless, I carried on and installed them, bearing in mind that there is no fluid flow in a brake system (closed system,isolated, there is no air, it is only a matter of pressure transfer). Everything worked out well, brakes are working perfectly.

Today I received a used SV1000 5/8" MC (the same as the DL1000 MC, only with a remote reservoir) to swap with my OEM 14mm MC. I also got a banjo bleeder bolt from a friend, to use on the MC joint. I noticed that this too has smaller passages, only this time the difference between this and the OEM banjo holes is significant. Although physics say that since there is no flow there shouldn't be a problem, I am having second thoughts about this.

Any of you that have installed a banjo bleeder on your MCs, with smaller diameter holes, have you had any issues?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Any of you that have installed a banjo bleeder on your MCs, with smaller diameter holes, have you had any issues?
It won't be a problem. The amount of fluid flowing is too small and it flows too slowly to cause a flow restriction.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Right. It doesn't matter. In fact, I like the smaller passages because banjo bolts with larger passages are so easy to break.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grey... I've got so few posts of my own, but trust me, I've read MANY of yours, and was hopping to get a reply from you! :)

(was in the process of posting the photos before I saw your previous reply)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts