StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

having a weird issue on my '15 where if I am pulling away at slow speed, when slipping the clutch, I will get a thud/bang from what feels like under the tank.

my thinking given the sound and volume is that there is some kind of ignition of fuel inside the airbox?

it doesnt always happen, and it seems to be in 1st gear from stand still, or very slow crawl.

anyone had a similar issue or any advice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I (and many others) had that very issue with original ECU. Just like you described it. It affects '14 and '15 bikes but not '16. Mine would sometimes even stall after after backfiring through the airbox. I solved it first with X-TRE and then came ECU swap to newest model. Now I have it happen from time to time but only if the engine is completely cold. If I let it warm up for 5 minutes before leaving my garage, it doesn't backfire through the airbox.
Here in Europe ECU's are replaced easily, dealers don't rise too many problems but as I can read from this forum, in USA it's a different story.
After I installed X-TRE, before new ECU, and chosen 5th gear map on it, my bike has never stalled again.
If you can't get new ECU, whose part number ends with "2", I guess X-TRE (or more expensive Power Commander) is the only way to go. But if you've never suffered stalling problem, I guess you shoudn't worry too much.
My original ECU had part number ending in "0". Also, bikes with ECU part number ending with "1" seem to have the same problem. Only ECU's ending with "2" have this problem solved. Maybe you can look at your ECU under the plastic cover between the battery and rear light (under the seat) and see the last digit on it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts