StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Road Toads Annual Bancroft Meet and Greet is Sunday April 8th this year.

We will meet at noon at the Bancroft Eatery & Brew Pub (used to be South Algonquin Eatery And Pub and before that Thomas Oliver's Pub.) The location is on the northwest side or Highway 28 and highway 62 in Bancroft.

https://goo.gl/maps/BXYSVGcpFzq

This is not an organized ride, but rather a meet up.

Some of us will meet at 9am at the Tim Horton's in Port Perry and ride up. (This Timmies is the one at the extreme East end of Port Perry on highway 7a on the North side near lake Scugog.) Others coming from other areas will likely meet up elsewhere (and hopefully will post their meeting location in this thread.)

Here is Google Maps Street View of the Timmies in Port Perry: https://goo.gl/maps/Xnb5i6Xh2BF2

As we get closer I'll setup a poll to see how many will be coming so we can let Bancroft Eatery & Brew Pub know how many to expect for lunch.

Any and all bikes and riders are welcome!

..Tom

·
Registered
152 Posts

We will meet at noon at the Bancroft Eatery & Brew Pub (used to be South Algonquin Eatery And Pub and before that Thomas Oliver's Pub.) The location is on the northwest side or Highway 28 and highway 62 in Bancroft.

https://goo.gl/maps/BXYSVGcpFzq

This is not an organized ride, but rather a meet up.

Some of us will meet at 9am at the Tim Horton's in Port Perry and ride up. (This Timmies is the one at the extreme East end of Port Perry on highway 7a on the North side near lake Scugog.) Others coming from other areas will likely meet up elsewhere (and hopefully will post there meeting location in this thread.)

Here is Google Maps Street View of the Timmies in Port Perry: https://goo.gl/maps/Xnb5i6Xh2BF2

As we get closer I'll setup a poll to see how many will be coming so we can let Bancroft Eatery & Brew Pub know how many to expect for lunch.

Any and all bikes and riders are welcome!

..Tom
hey Tom, was just thinking it was that time

·
Registered
708 Posts

Yep, should be good. I missed a year or two in there.

Here's hoping the usual and unusual and new Ottawa area culprits are up for the ride out and back.

Marc

·
Registered
412 Posts
It's a 2.5 hour ride down some really nice roads from here. Not sure of our schedule yet and as long as I put that clutch in properly we'll try and get out.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm 'in'.....wondering if anyone from Newmarket, Barrie, Parry Sound, Muskokie (Phil) want to meet-up on the way? Oh, and we don't have a time? I'm assuming to be in Bancroft around Noonish?
Anyone? .....Bueller?

·
Super Moderator
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm 'in'.....wondering if anyone from Newmarket, Barrie, Parry Sound, Muskokie (Phil) want to meet-up on the way? Oh, and we don't have a time? I'm assuming to be in Bancroft around Noonish?
Anyone? .....Bueller?
It said noon in the original post but I just edited and made it bold, italics and underlined it so it is easier to see... :)

..Tom

·
Registered
21 Posts
Damn! Looks like I'll miss it another year. Will be out west skiing.
If it ends up being postponed to later in the month due to weather, I could probably make it.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Lets see if I have the thing by then.

Working on a deal for a "new" 2017 DL650, to replace my long-gone 08.

Hopefully we'll see you in Port Perry Tom.

Thanks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
i'll try to make it this year. Last year I missed it because of the reschedule. I was in France when the rest of you got together. This year I'll be working on my new ultralight aircraft (if the kit ever arrives).

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Looks like I should be able to make it for lunch this year too.
-Now why do I think that TOScootz and VTom will be bending each others ears all afternoon and talking very little about any motorcycles? :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Sorry folks - I'm out for this one.
I've been asked to staff a booth at the moto show that day (because they are short staffed), so I'm going to help them out.
If anyone needs some Pakastani leathers, smoked sausages, or tassels for your bike, I can hook you up.
Hope you guys get some nice weather.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Hey Gang

It has been a few years. I have been lost in the woods. On my dirt bike for a few seasons.
It however is in pieces at the moment until I gain the skills to rebuild the engine. Taking it apart was easy!!

I was hoping to attend the spring meet and greet however I will need the temperature to be a little better than the projected minus 7 in the morning and a high of plus 1 C.

That is just a bit too cold for my wimpy self and the possible road conditions. My cut off for a longer ride with heated gear is plus 5.
So I hope it is delayed till a bit warmer weather.

Cheers Paul

·
Super Moderator
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey Tom, was just thinking it was that time
Btw was that you heading north on cr25 into Hastings this aft? If so I was southbound.

..Tom

·
Super Moderator
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if the forecast holds I suspect there won't be many heading over. I most likely will regardless (unless there is going to be ice/snow on the roads.

I think we will have another meet up at the end of April.

...Tom

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well, I'm still going to try.
Couldn't swing the new bike though, but definitely going for a used one.
So I'll be riding something, just not sure if I'll have it ready to go by next week.

My schedule this year has almost all my weekends full, so hopefully I can make the few opportunities that match up with my weekends off.

Looking forward to seeing & riding with people I haven't encountered in a few years.
Always enjoyed past events.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts