StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Administrator
13,560 Posts
Some of us are heading up to Bancroft on our Annual meet up on a new date Sunday April 14th, weather permitting (ie if there isn't too much ice and snow!) That is the Sunday after Easter. We normally meet at Thomas Oliver's Pub at noon but that is too be confirmed

Please note the location is the same but the name of the restaurant has changed. It is now:

South Algonquin Eatery & Pub
4 Bridge W, Bancroft, 613-332-3450

New owners, new name, new staff, new menu; but of course better food at good prices. I've checked and the place will be open and looking forward to having us, and all of our gear.

We (the Road Toads) have done this several years now and hope that you can join us! The location is on the northwest side of Highway 28 and highway 62 in Bancroft.

Here is a link to a Google Map StrView (zoom out to get a sense of the location.)

Google Maps

This is not an organized ride, but rather a meet up. Some of us will meet at 9am at the Tim Horton's in Port Perry and ride up. This is the one at the extreme East end of Port Perry on highway 7a on the North side near lake Scugog.

Here is Google Maps Street View:

Google Maps

It's quite possible that some might want to ride around afterwards but again this isn't an organized ride, just a great meet and greet where you can tell your exaggerated stories to a willing audience.

If you are planning on coming please mention in this thread so we can let Thomas Oliver's know how many to expect for lunch.

Any and all bikes and riders are welcome!

..Tom

(Yes some of the above we copied and pasted from Last Year's meet. This isn't the Annual Barrie Spring Ride.)

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
join me to Bancroft

I'll be riding up from Kingston. Anyone want to come along ?

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'll be riding up from Kingston. Anyone want to come along ?
So long as I get my new heated gear and controller installed before then I'll be mighty pleased to join you, as usual.

And there's a few new roads that I'd like to try... :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Some of us are heading up to Bancroft on our Annual meet up on April 7th,
Count me in. I'd meet up with you in Port Perry for the ride up to Bancroft.

Cheers,

Marc

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
So long as nothing unexpected comes up, I'll meet up in Port Perry...

I'm happy to ride up with anyone else from Toronto area...

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would definitely be interested in joining if I purchase a Strom by then.

If not I'd still be interested in joining with my current ride.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Weather and conditions permitting, I will be there!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Haven't been on the bike since June 17, so looking forward to it if the weather cooperates.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
OK. So you've twisted my arm.

Oh, all right then. I'll go. As long as the roads are dry.

Just bought a bunch of warmwear at MEC and have my heated jacket liner and gloves.

Like riding in a space suit, but it's WARM.

Uhhh, is there a private sorta place to use the bong there? :beatnik:

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I would definitely be interested in joining if I purchase a Strom by then.

If not I'd still be interested in joining with my current ride.
You can ride any motorcycle you want I will be on my goldwing... Strom on steroids... As Tom said this is not an organized ride it is a ride in lunch... see you in Port Perry.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I'll be there Tom....should have at least 3 others with me as well. Looking forward to good weather, good company & the first ride of the year !

Phil

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'll be there if the conditions are good. Gotta new Jacket for Christmas that hasn't seen the light of day. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not Making it

Can't make this one...

Will be freezing my but off Floating down the Ganaraska with the scouts (not weather dependant).

Based on the fact that it's in 3 weeks and there is still snow on the ground north of the Oak Ridge Morraine, it'll be a chilly ride.

Have Fun All!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Can't make this one...

Will be freezing my but off Floating down the Ganaraska with the scouts (not weather dependant).

Based on the fact that it's in 3 weeks and there is still snow on the ground north of the Oak Ridge Morraine, it'll be a chilly ride.

Have Fun All!
Yes, this is a seriously crap March so far and according to the long forecast it isn't looking much better for the rest of the month...... Still keeps snowing a few cm every other day here where I live (lake effect). If the extended winter continues it won't be until sometime into April I get my bike out. The last 5 years most of March has been ok for riding... WTF:thumbdown:

·
Administrator
13,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, this is a seriously crap March so far and according to the long forecast it isn't looking much better for the rest of the month...... Still keeps snowing a few cm every other day here where I live (lake effect). If the extended winter continues it won't be until sometime into April I get my bike out. The last 5 years most of March has been ok for riding... WTF:thumbdown:
When I got up the weather said "cold but some occasional light flurries". The sun was shining at home in Moutn Albert. I hopped on my bike to head to work. About half way to work (at hwy 400 and hwy 9) the light flurries became someone heavier. 400 was bare on the tire tracks but had snow between lanes. Now at work in Vaughn and everythigng is covered with snow. Hmm..

..Tom

1 - 20 of 92 Posts