StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Annual Bancroft Meet and Greet is Sunday April 19th this year.

We will meet at noon at the Bancroft Eatery & Brew Pub (used to be South Algonquin Eatery And Pub and before that Thomas Oliver's Pub.) The location is on the northwest side or Highway 28 and highway 62 in Bancroft.

Here is a link to a Google Map Stret view (zoom out to get a sense of the location.)

Google Maps

This is not an organized ride, but rather a meet up. Some of us will meet at 9am at the Tim Horton's in Port Perry and ride up. This Timmies is the one at the extreme East end of Port Perry on highway 7a on the North side near lake Scugog.

Here is Google Maps Street View:

Google Maps

If you are planning on coming please mention in this thread so we can let
Bancroft Eatery & Brew Pub know how many to expect for lunch.

Any and all bikes and riders are welcome!

..Tom

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
camping eh ?

We often have a snow flurry or at least some remains of winter still laying around. Lets us know who the camping goes.

See you all for lunch.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
TOOooo chilly for me.

Well, I can't make it.

But look for me a couple of weeks after your Bancroft Banquet.
Do you like oranges?

Psssst, 568v8, I am now one state behind you, and I hope to
visit a couple of new ones on my way north. I will let you know.

Man, will I let you know!

Keith, riding Colorado (I name my bikes) to a Bridge Tournament today.

P.S. Chefbiker will be riding Colorado in a couple of days.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'm in. I'll try not to be scared off by erroneous weather reports this year.:headbang:

Roy
Here's your long range weather forecast, as accurate as what you'll get the day before the event: It'll rain. Or it will be too cold for rain.

See you there - a three hour ride in the rain for a sandwich sounds perfectly OK to me.

Marc

·
Registered
518 Posts
Rain, no problem. But last year the forecast was for rain of BIBLICAL proportions......and they got light showers.....maybe.......Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Finally above zero !

Just picked up my plate sticker....good to go ! Should be joining Alex on the run to Tim's. Larry....hope you can make it too, 4 of us going to Romney should be there...looking forward to meeting you.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I'll be there

I might have a task dragging Merlin's to Bancroft; I usually pick him up along my way from Kingston. I'll do my best to drag his cold, wet miserable self along.

Merlin says "I'll be weather dependent as usual. If it's cold and miserable no way, but if it's decent riding weather I'm in."

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have a problem .

If I order a club sandwich , and somebody else's lunch choice looks more appetizing , I'm gonna be bummed . :thumbdown:

If I order something different ( smoked meat ? Omelet? ) , and the club sandwich looks better when it arrives , I'm gonna suffer pangs of recrimination .:furious:

I may have to seek counseling .

Phil - What are you ordering ?

Alex .

·
Registered
140 Posts
IMIN.
Any riders from Ottawa want to join for a group ride?
Can meet in Perth.
IMIN Alex. Lets meet at the usual spot - Tim's in Manotick.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts