StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of the unseasonable weather we are rescheduling Bancroft to to April 24th. (Two weeks later than originally planned.)

Apart from the date the location and everything else will be the same.

..Tom

·
Registered
478 Posts
That's perfect. I still haven't had the chance to put my bike back together and a test run. Thank you Mother Nature for helping not miss this ride! I am in on the 24th

·
Registered
708 Posts
That's perfect. I still haven't had the chance to put my bike back together and a test run.
Yeah same here Dave. My bike is still on the lift, but with new tires, chain, sprockets, brake pads and valve adjustment all done. The annual greasing of stiff or sticky bits and a shakedown run were all that was needed before Sunday. It was tight, but I was one of the frozen foolish farts ready to brave it.

But now that I don't have to get it on the road by then, and while it's still on the lift, AND it's still winter out, I'll be adding a couple Highway Blaster horns, extra lights front and rear, four relays (headlight, horn and aux. light). Then that shake-down run, or two - be nice if it doesn't burn to the ground with all that extra lectricity.

I won't know for another couple days whether I work the 24th. And if so, whether I can switch shifts. Sure hope I can make it. This nice little ride and lunch thing is becoming a habit I don't want to break.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Great call, Tom. I had just logged onto the site to say that while I was ready for an early spring ride, a mid-winter ride was out. (boo, hiss)
Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 24th, and boring everyone with the tale of my first Dualsport Adventure ride. (Bethany on the 17th)

Roy

·
Registered
323 Posts
bangcroft meet and greet

Hey tom and others ,Im going to see if I can make it down again this year, if the snow will hold off for a day or two ... Bike is in terrible conditon as I have just not had the time to work on it this year ..I,ll see what i b
can do ...

·
Super Moderator
13,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey tom and others ,Im going to see if I can make it down again this year, if the snow will hold off for a day or two ... Bike is in terrible conditon as I have just not had the time to work on it this year ..I,ll see what i b
can do ...
Be great if you could make it!

Just put gas in the tank and make sure the tires have some air and off you go!

..Tom

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Looking at the weather forcast for next 14 days is forsing me to ask: are you sure Tom you don't want to do it next Sunday?

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
What a great ride. It was a bit chilly but lunch was worth it.

Where were all you guys?

:grin2:

·
Super Moderator
13,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking at the weather forcast for next 14 days is forsing me to ask: are you sure Tom you don't want to do it next Sunday?
Not changing the date again.

Last week the Sunday looked pretty decent. Weather forecasts change all the time especially this April.

..Tom

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ottawa Riders meet at the Carleton Place Tims on Apr 24

Meet at the Tims ~8:30 for breakfast.
Leaving ~ 9AM.
Route same as last year - cant get better :grin2:

MAP

Route back to be discussed.
Please respond if you join this ride!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
OK Tom....here is the final head count for the Eastern Wave of the Romney Group....we are 8 confirmed and possibly one more, whom I haven't heard from yet. Only one is going straight there....the rest of us will meet you in Port Perry.

Thanks again for organizing.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts