StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Administrator
13,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of us are heading up to Bancroft on our Annual meet up on April 1st, weather permitting. We will meet at thomas Oliver's Pub at noon.

We (the Road Toads) have done this several years now and hope that you can join us! The location is on the northwest side or Highway 28 and highway 62 in Bancroft.

Here is a link to a Google Map Stret view (zoom out to get a sense of the location.)

Google Maps

Thsi is not an organized ride, but rather a meet up. Some of us will meet at 9am at the Tim Horton's in Port Perry and ride up. This is the one at the extreme East end of Port Perry on highway 7a on the North side near lake Scugog.

Here is Google Maps Street View:

Google Maps

It's quite possible that some might want to ride around afterwords but again this isn't an organized ride, just a great meet and greet where you can tell your exagerated stories to a willing audience.

If you are planning on coming please mention in this thread so we can let Thomas Oliver's know how many to expect for lunch.

Any and all bikes and riders are welcome!

..Tom

ps: this is not the annual Spring ride that starts in Barrie. We haven't got to that yet!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Miss riding in that area, safe travels Gentlemen...

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Who's paying for lunch?

:yesnod:

·
Administrator
13,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
126 Posts
My grandparents used to rent out a cottage on Deer Lake, west of Bancroft every year. I don't think I'll make it up to Bancroft this year, but I'd love to tour that area and have lunch with you guys on a future meet-up. :)

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
I thought the rule was the first person to ask who was paying.

..Tom
Oh. I believe you're grossly mistaken.

Usually, the riders who are rich enough to afford 'vortex generators' pay for meals for everyone. I hear they're rolling in dough.

:hurray:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Who's paying for lunch?

:yesnod:

it's Ontario.... you are all paying for Dalton's Lunch.... and his fat sidekick what's his name? Dumpster?? :thumbdown:

derail over....

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
it's Ontario.... you are all paying for Dalton's Lunch.... and his fat sidekick what's his name? Dumpster?? :thumbdown:

derail over....

Oh my. We have issues, eh?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi there. I'm interested in joining but living in Fenelon Falls I'd like to meet up somewhere along the route if you can tell me which way you're going. Thanks, Brian

·
Administrator
13,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi there. I'm interested in joining but living in Fenelon Falls I'd like to meet up somewhere along the route if you can tell me which way you're going. Thanks, Brian
There's no real route.. some of us are meeting at Port Perry and I'm sure we'll go up 507. Not sure which way we'll take to get there although I'd be surprised if we didn't go through Caesarea. Last year I think we took Mt Horab Rd. and then went though Omeemee and then Buckhorn.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
I think I'd be up for a lunch up that way.
-Weather permitting that is. Cold is okay. Wet, not so much.
Will confirm as we get a bit closer.

R

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'll probably be there as well. I'm hoping the new Teiz Lombard riding suit shows up in time. :thumbup:I'll confirm as we get closer to April 1.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Okay enough sidetracking please.

Let's keep it to who is coming to Bancroft.

Thanks!

..Tom
Well, *this* Sunday I'm very likely riding through Bancroft, on my way to TO. The bike's coming out of storage tomorrow, and the weather's looking too nice for the cage.

OK, I plan to meet you there April 1. Any other riders from Ottawa?
The ride to Bancroft and back is nice.

Marc

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just might see if I can make it.
Open to all bikes you say. Then if my buddy on his gs 1200 comes along thats ok. Besides, he has a good story to tell about not following the strom on the Hogsback and burying the gs in mud to the panniers!:yikes:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hey! Tom Looks like I will be able to come down seeing that it is on a Sunday ..I will see If I can get a few NBers to come along see you there ...

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
I plan to make the gathering this year. I have missed the last two. Look forward to the ride and seeing folks.

Paul

·
Registered
306 Posts
Probably.........
Perhaps a detour for butter tarts?......................................Gord, you listening?????

·
Registered
806 Posts
Tom,
As I said tonight, I'll be going for sure and Bob on his Connie 14 is a possibility. Will get my radio sorted this week too. Channel 7-14 right? As someone asked it is open to all bikes

1 - 20 of 83 Posts