StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to close the thread with the poll - Sunday September 15 is the date! :fineprint:

Destination is the South Algonquin Eatery and Pub, (which used to be Thomas Oliver's, now under new ownership, with better food).

Time is noonish. :confused:

Good food, good company, and lots of twisty roads between where you are now and Bancroft. What more could you ask for! :beatnik:

Check in here if you're coming so that we can give the restaurant a heads-up!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Can't make it this time. My offroad club is putting on an event that day and I will be helping out.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
yup

I'll be there

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
add one more

My wife will most likely be riding with me.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
change of plans

At the last minute I've decided to ride to Parry Sound on Thursday and attend the Horizons Unlimited camping weekend meeting.
If I get up early enough on Sunday I should still make it for lunch in Bancroft.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
At the last minute I've decided to ride to Parry Sound on Thursday and attend the Horizons Unlimited camping weekend meeting.
If I get up early enough on Sunday I should still make it for lunch in Bancroft.
I went last year to the Horizons weekend and it was a good time. The location this year seems much better and is close to so many great roads.

As for Sunday, I will try to come and am just in the process of sorting out my plans for the weekend. If I do come, I will be heading up from Mississauga if anyone wants to ride up and then go riding before heading home..

·
Administrator
13,564 Posts
Right now Sandy and I are planning on heading up. She hasn't been on her bike all week and there is a chance that she may be in pain once we start riding and have to bail out but she is feeling much better.

..Tom

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right now Sandy and I are planning on heading up. She hasn't been on her bike all week and there is a chance that she may be in pain once we start riding and have to bail out but she is feeling much better.

..Tom
Hope you make it! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Ill be there. See you guys around 12 - I'm leaving early morning and will ride around the area a bit before arriving for lunch. Maybe a nice scenic ride back down to the straight and narrow.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got a text message from 568v8 - he expects to arrive around 12:30.

I'll be there sometime around noon...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That worked out well! :thumbup:

Turned out to be a great day for riding, at least on my path home. No rain, no sun in your eyes, not much traffic. Gord's gravel-seeking GPS unit performed flawlessly, steering us into some gravel road to somewhere that none of us had ever ridden before. We didn't go there. :green_lol:

Thanks to all who made it! I'll be back to bug you all to do it again next year. :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Thanks for organizing. It was a nice time and good to see familiar faces and few new ones too. Looking forward to the next one:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, thank you for organizing the get together. I'm glad I was able to make it out. I didn't have a chance to talk to everyone but I will try harder next time by being on time.

I look forward to meeting everyone again. It is a challenge to put the profile names to a real name and a face and then remember the combination. I know I've read posts by many of those who attended and the conversations were equally interesting and informative.

Ride safe.com

Dan

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 23 Posts