StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would appear that a number of riders are going to Bancroft on the 15th (this upcoming Sunday). I intend to be one of the riders that meets at the Port Perry's Timmies at 9 am.

We should probably have a head count to give the Restaurant a Head's up on how many to expect if it will be a large group. We will meet at Thomas Oliver's Pub at noon. The location is on the northwest side or Highway 28 and highway 62 in Bancroft.

Here is a link to a Google Map Stret view (zoom out to get a sense of the location.)

Google Maps

Thsi is not an organized ride, but rather a meet up. Some of us will meet at 9am at the Tim Horton's in Port Perry and ride up. This is the one at the extreme East end of Port Perry on highway 7a on the North side near lake Scugog.

Here is Google Maps Street View:

Google Maps

If you are planning on coming please mention in this thread so we can let Thomas Oliver's know how many to expect for lunch.

Any and all bikes and riders are welcome!

..Tom

·
Registered
236 Posts
Two of us from Pembroke will be comming down!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Kingston

Me solo from Kingston.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Looks like a wet Sunday. If the forecast changes, I might be there.

·
Administrator
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a wet Sunday. If the forecast changes, I might be there.
Weather says Sunday high of 21 in GTA, and 18 in Bancroft. Possible thunderstorms. Still a lot nicer than April Fools!

..Tom

·
Registered
712 Posts
There's a very good chance I'll be heading to Bancroft for lunch as well. I'm doing my 12000 Km servicing today (at about 15000 Kms), so unless I screw something up I'll be there.

Marc

·
Registered
806 Posts
Tom,
Looks good for Sunday. I think I will be riding with a friend and may just meet up in Bancroft. He lives just south of Gannon's narrow's between Emmismore and Buchhorn. I'll text you Sunday am with my plans.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Weather says Sunday high of 21 in GTA, and 18 in Bancroft. Possible thunderstorms. Still a lot nicer than April Fools!

..Tom
Deb& I are still planning to be there. We will see you at Tim's PP.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Thomas Olivers Pub

I've just phoned and told them to expect maybe a dozen riders. Apparently the bar side is open and the restaurant side is closed. Who cares, they always take care of us.
See you there.
Hopefully we will get mostly dry weather; at least no snow in the forecast.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The weather forecast is looking promising, and the bike is all back together and feeling really good. :thumbup:

What route are you taking 568v8?

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Kingston

Myself an another Vee are leaving at 8:30 ... hwy #2, Camden East ... paved backroads and probably #62 from #7 north to Bancroft.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Woke up with a terrible cold and sore throat this morning, Port Perry is out of the question and Bancroft is a question mark right now.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
home safe

Safe home in Kingston. Great day, good weather; some light rain at the end.
Nice to catch up with everyone for lunch.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Safe home in Kingston. Great day, good weather; some light rain at the end.
Nice to catch up with everyone for lunch.
And thanks for that wonderful route home. :hurray:

Lots of nice twisties and all on good pavement. Those roads would be absolutely beautiful when the leaves start to turn in the fall.

Good company, good food, and great ride. What more could you ask for. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
712 Posts
And thanks for that wonderful route home. :hurray:

Lots of nice twisties and all on good pavement. Those roads would be absolutely beautiful when the leaves start to turn in the fall.

Good company, good food, and great ride. What more could you ask for. :mrgreen:
I'll double that. Tom took a few of us for a nice tour after lunch - North, West, North, East, South, West, South, and more of the last two, generally speaking (I think). Twisties with good surfaces (for a Strom) and an occasional stripe of sand on the pavement to keep us alert. Great fun. Thanks Tom.

Nice to see everybody, and great to meet a few more StromTroopers..

Cheers all,

Marc

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Hi Sandy

I wish all the best to you as a new rider and hope to meet you again soon on your own bike. You have connected with one one of the best Vstrom riders and teachers that I know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts