StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
this from the province that allows certain individuals to ride with only Turbans on their heads.

:confused::confused:
Why don't the turbans (and beards) get untucked in the wind? Here's the 1 horsepower version:

The helmet standard is important, but needs to be combined with a way to I.D. valid helmets. In the U.S. where most states requires helmets to meet the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 218, just the DOT sticker isn't adequate. A rider with a beanie will claim that his has the DOT sticker, he didn't know the DOT sticker was fake, he didn't know that his helmet didn't meet FMVSS218, and neither is the LEO qualified to know.

Lane splitting/filtering would be good. It also needs to be explicitly allowed at construction flag stops and perhaps elsewhere.

·
Super Moderator
4,644 Posts
Helmets here in Oz have to meet the Australian/New Zealand Standard AS/NZS1698. US DOT and Snell aren't enough. It must also carry a label showing that approval. I've been told that the police can issue a ticket if the helmet doesn't comply (helmets are compulsory here).

·
Registered
987 Posts
Some dork here in my town wears a tupperware bowl over a stocking cap, supposedly as an act of rebellion over the WA helmet law.
I don't like the helmet laws even though I recommend wearing helmets. I imagine the plastic bowl is near as protective as some of the beanie helmets.

I am mildly amused with the bowl-helmet though.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Some dork here in my town wears a tupperware bowl over a stocking cap, supposedly as an act of rebellion over the WA helmet law.
I don't like the helmet laws even though I recommend wearing helmets. I imagine the plastic bowl is near as protective as some of the beanie helmets.

I am mildly amused with the bowl-helmet though.

maybe try an ice cream container next?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts