StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a new seat for my'09 wee for a while. I have a stock seat, which went on the shelf after 1000 miles when I got my Suzuki gel seat. For me the gel is better, but not heaven. I had a Sargent on my '07 and it was pretty good, but not a all day seat like I wished it to be. (Looked real nice though). I recently heard about "Baldwin Motor Saddles". Looks like an alternative to a high buck russell or the others in that price range. I'm hoping to be under 400.00 and it looks possible through them and getting a product that will meet my needs.

Anyone out there have experience with them or the product, good or bad?:confused:

Ride Far, Ride Safe!

Wiz

·
Administrator
17,521 Posts
I have one on my Concours 14, the comfort......quality......and customer service is top notch. Give Loren a call, he will take good care of you and your butt.:thumbup:

·
Registered
628 Posts
I had Loren Mock rebuild the seat on my Wee last October. I had previously traded my Wee seat for a Vee seat to gain the higher sitting position. I was OK with the Vee seat for 500 mile days but not completely comfortable and not certain how I would handle multiple riding days on a longer trip.

I met with Loren in Baldwin City (west of KC) to discuss the seat rebuild. Mine was a solo seat rebuild, my wife does not ride. I wanted the same height and sitting position (fore and aft) but needed more support on the sides under my thighs. He removed one inch of the OEM foam, built up the sides for the thigh support, inset a gel pad in the remaining foam and covered everything with one inch of memory foam. The covering material is marine grade vinyl.

I'm pleased with the result. The quality and workmanship is very good and he shipped the seat back to me when promised. I've done a couple of 600 mile days this Spring. Not back-to-back, but only one day separating them. I find I don't need to use my bicycle shorts, and I'm still comfortable all day. Also, Loren's seam-sealing technique must be working -- so far every ride this Spring has been in the rain. I'm looking forward to heading to MT in mid-July for the ADVrider rally. PM me if there are additional questions.

·
Registered
515 Posts
looking to be under 400? the RDL is 420. The more other seats you buy the more the RDL will cost you in the end

1 - 5 of 5 Posts