StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m planning to do a Baja ride in late March. And since my adventure bike friends don’t seem too keen on travel in Mexico I wanted to see if anyone here feels like doing a Baja trip at that time. I have some ideas as to what I want to do there. (A day on a boat whale watching, lobster in Rosario, take some smaller roads).
Just so you know; I’ve ridden dirt a good part of my life, I take care of my equipment, I know how to fix things and I’m easy to get along with. Some company would be nice. However I’m going either way.
If anyone’s interested in going PM me.

For those who’ve been I’d certainly appreciate any must do and don’t do advice you can give.

Stinez

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am working on joining a small group for a tour of Mexico the day after Thanksgiving. I have never done an adventure like this and I am hoping it works out.

I will be unemployed here soon, and I am looking forward to taking advantage of my situation by exploring on the V-Strom.

I would enjoy hearing about Mexico adventures that you guys have been on.

Brendan

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tentative dates are March 27 to April 4th. Crossing the border the 28th and crossing back April 3rd.

Howboucha-The universal advice I'm getting is DO NOT ride at night.
I'd love to hear how your trip goes.

Stinez

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Baja

Hi, my name is zippy and I've been down the baja a few times on my klr and went last year 2 up with my sweetie on the strom. Tecate is my favorite place to cross, the road to ensenada is good , don't get sucked into the toll road to tj. The strom runs good on pemex, you can buy gasoline out of the barrel in catavina (No pemex) I burned through the fuel on the twisties north of there, couldn't keep the rpms under 5000. Very nice riding. Stiff cross winds south of there are the norm till mulege. Gonzago bay is nice, good gravel for a detour or return trip up the sea of cortez. If you head south of mulege, todos santos is nice. Cabo is a dive, the road around the south end of the sea of cortez was rough 2 up on the strom, dumped it a few times in the sand. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts