StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here and the last Suzuki I rode was a 185 trail riceburner 50 years ago. The last few wheels have been Ducati (750SS and 851) and lastly BMW 1200GS. So now I'm on a 2018 DL650 XA and need to discover a lot. First up; does anyone have an opinion on the shop standard soft panniers/racks (the BM hard top and sides made for a very heavy bike on dirt) and the most effective way to improve the lighting for night country trips. Cheers Al

·
Registered
117 Posts
Not sure on the bag set-up. I prefer hard cases and Givie22s are reasonably light weight nd not too wide. As far as lights, LED auxiliary lights would probably add a good amount of vision for night riding. A previous owner put some on my bike and while I have not done much night riding they are BRIGHT and certainly increase daytime visibility. The make both spotlight and flood light LEDs so mounting some to your engine guard or triple tree might be what your looking for. The name brands are high cost but there are some cheaper options that seem to work well for people. I think the lights on my bike are $20 amazon lights but they are very bright and work every time.

·
Registered
15,601 Posts
The google box at the top of the page will take you to lots of threads about lighting and luggage.
I got LED from some place in China, plugged in with little effort and my world is brighter.
I put Seahorse plastic boxes on the factory frames after a wreck wiped out the original saddle bags.
I've got a set of soft Nelson Rigg bags from the for sale section here. They are much wider than the hard bags.
There is more than a ton of other options.

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
You could check out Barrett Motorcycle racks, he is located in NSW and makes a quality set, not sure if he has a set for the newer models but you could always give him a ring

SUZUKI RACKS

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Stedi are a cost effective option. I have the MCX10s on my 1000. Tip is to buy the loom as well then fit up is straight forward from the battery, independent of the bikes wiring.

Can't post links yet but Google Stedi in Australia, they have a motorbike & ATV section.

Andy Strapz has rack and bag options for V-Stroms.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi,
I am using a barrett rack, modified slightly from my 2012 to fit the 2017/2018 rear subrack and "Steel Pony" heavy canvas bags, very well made bags. I guess Barrett will have a 2017 rack available now.
https://www.steelpony.com.au/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts