StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a bag that would work over the pillion seat as well as over my givi e45n top case? This is for 2011 650 vstrom but not sure where I could strap the case too.. and then there is opening the top case..

·
Registered
566 Posts
Your pillion is so ugly that you have to put a bag over her head???

:green_lol:

Sorry, that's the first thing that came to mind when I read the thread title and I couldn't help myself. Sure hope you have a sense of humor.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I have a large duffle for my Redverz tent and sleeping pad. Its got outside pockets, a built-in stretchy cord for stuff I want to dry or have at hand. I also have bike panniers and tool tubes attached to my crash bars.
I'd think twice about putting something on my top case. Its the easiest place to stow a jacket liner, food, etc. I'm always getting into mine.

Plus it raises the center of gravity. :thumbdown:

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Anyone know a bag that would work over the pillion seat as well as over my givi e45n top case? This is for 2011 650 vstrom but not sure where I could strap the case too.. and then there is opening the top case..
I use a MotoFizz from Aerostich. A little spendy but has worked well for me. It attaches to the grab bars on the rack with four straps and they can be left in place (includes an "X" strap to connect them together when the bag is off). Mine is a large and is unexpanded in the picture. Also makes a nice back rest.

Seat and Rack Bags - Seat, Tank & Tail Bags - Bags :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

Wally World usually carries 40L water proof dry bags for cheap too. I started using it but the kitchen sink wouldn't fit. :mrgreen:

Neither one interferes with opening my top case.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I just got a bag that was the size I wanted and then used Kwik Grip contact adhesive to glue on some straps and tie down loops in the place I wanted them.

Buckles and straps can be found or purchased in many places and I cut the loops of any of the wife's old handbags before she throws them out.

I use the loops to make "D" rings like on your helmet and I use the Kwik Grip to glue the straps.

It's a lot easier and quicker than sewing.

Put the contact adhesive on both surfaces and allow to dry before putting the surfaces together, this will give a very strong join.

I have also put tie down points on my top box to carry more gear, some are on the lid only so I can open the lid without undoing any straps.

·
Registered
15,542 Posts
I have the RevPack U pack and the straps run through the rear rack and a big one all way round under the rack similar to Stalky. My top box is a JC Whitless and it work fine.
I can even strap the folding ice chest to the U pack when needed.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Another view of the Outdoor Research 40L bag from Wally World. Right now I keep my sleeping bag and tent in it. It's not something to use if you need to get into it often.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Large Black Walmart duffle
Some stiffener usually I have cot poles but could be board with rounded edges
Material in Garbage bags

·
Registered
80 Posts
Rear seat bag

Like others here I bungee a GI issue duffle bag on seat infront of small GIVI top box. the duffle bag rests on top of seat and E45 GIVI boxes. the bag holds my redverz tent ,mil spec sleeping bag system,single bed air mattress and pump. I also strap a folding chair in the notch between top box and duffle. This set up makes a good back rest on the long hauls.I like to put the sleeping bag in a trash bag to keep it dry.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Some good suggestions ! What do you guys do about locking the bag?
When I used the Wally World dry bag, nothing. I did remove it at night but never had a problem.

With the MotoFizz I have a couple of small padlocks that connect the two zippers together - nothing a poor pair of pliers couldn't break. The bag itself is secured to the bike with a couple of Mark444's cables (pink, I mean red in the photo). Which reminds me I need to order some longer ones - current ones are too short when I load up the kitchen sink. :mrgreen: I do remove the bag at night but have not had a problem.

I do the same with my tank bag.

Maybe I have been lucky but I have not had an issue with gear left on my bike; locked or not.

Hopefully, I haven't jinx'd myself.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Bagmaster bag

I've used a Bags-Connection Dry Bag from Twisted Throttle for thousands of miles of travel. Not beautiful but it works well, is tough, and makes a comfy backrest with the sleeping bag and other soft, light items inside. Get the big one, you can always use the space.

Another item I wanted to try but haven't is the Bags-Connection EVO Speedpack, but like the Aerostitch it isn't cheap.

Bags-Connection EVO Speedpack motorcycle luggage system - TwistedThrottle.com

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
I've used a Bags-Connection Dry Bag from Twisted Throttle for thousands of miles of travel. Not beautiful but it works well, is tough, and makes a comfy backrest with the sleeping bag and other soft, light items inside. Get the big one, you can always use the space.

Another item I wanted to try but haven't is the Bags-Connection EVO Speedpack, but like the Aerostitch it isn't cheap.

Bags-Connection EVO Speedpack motorcycle luggage system - TwistedThrottle.com
I have two Bags-Connection tank bags which I really like (and spendy too) so I really looked long and hard at the Speedpack, Cargobag, and Racepack. They look really nice but just too spendy for me too. And there wasn't much left after the tank bags. :mrgreen:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts