StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to installing my Stebel horn today and wonder if I have a bad relay? I wired up the stebel following the directions closely and I've done this job before on a different bike. Problem is that the horn didn't work. The only sound I got was a clicking noise in the relay. Anyone experience this before? I am wondering if the relay is defective?

Not sure it makes a difference but the directions refer to a 20 Amp relay but the relay is a 12V 30 amp. I'm using a 20 amp fuse in my Blue Seas fusebox and I've checked all the wiring for loose connections. I'll visit Radio Shack tomorrow and try to find a different relay. Autozone didn't have the right relay - but then the desk guys there were pretty hopeless. :weapons_90:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Bad Stebel relays are not unknown. Make sure you have it wired correctly. The click means 85 and 86 are wired properly. Check 30 and 87. 87 and 30 can be swapped and still work. Also, Make sure the polarity on the horn connections is correct.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got sidetracked from working on the horn. Sad to note that my father-in-law passed away.

Fixed a bad connection and it is really loud now. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts