StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI.

I typed a letter to Yoshimura Sales asking if they had plans to make either slip - on mufflers or full systems for either the DL650 or the DL1000.

I explained that the muffler tuning was already complete, since the DL650 & DL1000 engines are used in the SV650 & TL1000 respectively. Completing the job by defining the pipe routings was all that was needed.

This was the response I received:

"We do not plan to make an exhaust system for the Suzuki DL650 or 1000. Thank you for your interest in our products. If you have further questions please call me.
Tim Bumbalough
[email protected]
909 628 4722 ext. 422
Yoshimura R and D of America"

Perhaps if others write similar letters to this employee, we could convince them that there is indeed a market for their products within the Strom owners group.

K

·
0 Posts
you could also refrain from purchasing their products to show them how irresponsible it is to employ a jackass like aaron yates.remember the great deal of sportsmanship displayed by their rider at daytona when he started a fight with another rider on television for all to see?good product representation huh?

F

·
0 Posts
I guess I have to spend my $800.00 on some other exhaust system. Yoshi's loss somebody elses gain.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All good points. I am just disappointed that they are not willing to bend some pipes for the DL. The muffler tuning is already done, and used, on the SV650 and TL1000. How tough is it to create a pipe routing, make a weld & check fixture, assemble, pull a new part number, and start selling?

·
Registered
5 Posts
boycott Yoshi anyways

They are overpriced. Un-cooperative.
(And I'm NOT a Two Brothers rep)...But, I've seen & heard Two Brothers racing exhausts on the V-strom. It looks great, and sounds awesome!
Click on the sound link for the TL1000S. It sounds something like that one!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
fine for the 1000, but 2bros has no intenetion of mfg a slipon for the dl650. again, THEIR loss....

P

·
0 Posts
rxcoop said:
fine for the 1000, but 2bros has no intenetion of mfg a slipon for the dl650. again, THEIR loss....
I have a Two Bros. slip-on designed for the DL1000 on my DL650. It looks, sounds and feels great - as in more powerful. It was not a big deal to install. An exhaust guy just removed the heat shields and cut the pipe, welded the lower end of theTwo Bros. S pipe in place (cost $70) and the rest was as if designed for the DL650 to slip and bolt right on. It couldn't be very much easier. The single cut and weld is the only thing that the average guy (like me) can't do at home. I also have the left Two Bros. muffler and S pipe and the OEM DL1000 crossover pipe. Going to try to find an exhaust guy to modify the crossover and convert to duals. If the duals don't work, I'll fill the left void with a 2 gal. auxilliary tank. The tank measures 6" x 19" and looks like it will fit and be protected by the Happy Trail SU rack (to which the tank will attach) and aluminum pannier. It would be a good addition for adventure touring. I wonder if the DL1000 rear fender, which is shaped differently for the duals, will fit the DL650? Later, amigos. Lew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts