StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this modified 650. We can dream.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
I wonder how it steers.

I rode a 1000 with a 21" spoked front wheel and that bike would not turn.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
And the kit is only $4,420. At that price they ought to sell out very quickly, Hope they didn't make more than 2 or 3

I will say it does make the bike look very unfortunately this pretty much sums it up:

it’s tough to imagine spending $13,324 (2022 V-Strom 650 plus kit) when you can step straight into the likes of 2022 Yamaha’s T7 for $10,299, which is already well-equipped for off-road adventures and weighs about 24 pounds less coming out of the gate.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I can only imagine how fun it'll be to wrestle a 500lb dreadnaught over dirt roads.

I'm not talking plodding along at 20 mph on well maintained service roads....I'm talking full send, yeeting the bike up undulations and hills like those boys in dirt bikes and side by sides do.

There was a video floating around of some guy on a Tenere, he was 6'5 and 280lb, and he was treating it like a dirt bike. Full send over bumps, curbs, steep hills and swerving. The amount of control he had over that 500lb bike was astonishing.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I saw this several days ago and was really excited about it until I saw the price tag.

It's too bad Suzuki can't figure this out for themselves. All this bike needs is a couple more inches of ground clearance, a larger front & rear wheel, and to shed some weight, oh and USD forks on the 650. Come on Suzuki, figure it out...

Sent from my Etch A Sketch

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Interesting- I'm curious to know why and if it could have been mitigated by shoving the forks up a bit.

Sent from my Etch A Sketch
It seemed it was gyroscopic forces ?

I tried everything, lowering and raising the front and rear to extreme levels and nothing would get it to turn.

I purchased everything as a kit from a guy on the ADV forum for a mate, front and rear wheels with tires and discs for a fraction of the replacement cost, we found out why it was so cheap.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
I could mangel that skid plate on one trail ride.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
It's too bad Suzuki can't figure this out for themselves. All this bike needs is a couple more inches of ground clearance, a larger front & rear wheel, and to shed some weight, oh and USD forks on the 650. Come on Suzuki, figure it out...
And sell it for the same price right? 😂

Won't happen of course. No incentive for Suzuki when Stroms sell well.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
@Oldflyer24 unfortunately a bit of BLACK paint and a bigger wheel doesn't turn the bike into "more capable off roader"

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Well, not surprising being as it is the day after New Years😉.
I am a little fragile today as well 🥂🍻🍾

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
What are the odds anyone here will get to ride one? I'd love to that, but don't see it happening. As for the concept, it's well done as a 21" front has been a dream here for decades. The price really is not bad since the tires and rims prob cost over 3K. No mention if they are tubless....

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I doubt we'll ever ride one of these "upgraded blacked out stroms" but just by looking at the LOW ground clearance, one can assume it will only be marginally better then the OE strom, when on technical trails.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

(I absolutely Love my 650xa and it's great bike, on road and on less technical trails) however if I ever get a 3rd bike this T7 RAID would be on my radar :)
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

1 - 20 of 34 Posts