StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a brand new '05 V-Strom 1000. I am having problems with the bike backfiring (more of a cough that jerks the bike) around town at low speeds and about 2500 RPM's. Anybody else experience this problem?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
fator said:
I just bought a brand new '05 V-Strom 1000. I am having problems with the bike backfiring (more of a cough that jerks the bike) around town at low speeds and about 2500 RPM's. Anybody else experience this problem?
You will probably not get many responses on this thread topic, due to this subject being "overposted"! You are in the right section to find out your answers/information on this subject. Do a little browsing and you will have a wealth of knowledge at your disposal. Welcome to the forum! I am not trying to be a smart ass... just giving you an FYI before posting a new thread topic. This is a great site... enjoy!!! :wink:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
torqueman said:
What Brian said. Search for "Yosh box", "power comander", and "secondaries'. What you will be looking for is removing the secondaries and remapping the FI. Not as hard as it sounds. :D
Also..... do a search for "backfiring", it brings up several good posts! :) I could simply tell you the cure.. but that would be too easy! :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Get remapped!!!!!!!!! So simple- under $40 fix with a Yosh box. Power commanders and other high priced fixes are not necessary. Have them go +5 in low and mid and all the hiccups and surges are gone. Makes a world of difference. Our bikes come from ther factory with a very lean fuel injection. C-YA!!!!!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Mine did it real bad, also, when new (DL1000K5 bought in Oct of last year). It lessened a bit as the enging broke in, and, around 3500 miles I synced the throttle bodies and adjusted the throttle position sensor, and this helped even more. However, I still remapped it, via a borrowed "Yosh" box, adding +2% to the idle range (idle - 1/4 throttle), leaving the rest stock. This removed any "hiccup" / "burp" / "backfire" / etc. that remained. Your dealer can do this, but it cost $75 at mine :shock: Also, make sure your idle is set to 1200 RPMS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts