StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, sold my K6 DL1000 2 years ago for a cruiser. I'm back for more comfort and camping trips on a 2011 650. The 1000 was an amazing bike and I'm happily swapping power for weight going to the 650.
Am I right to say the ergonomics should be the same excepting the seat diff of 20mm? I sat on that baby one day for 14 hrs / 1400km and I wanted more more more. Man I love this bike, pick up in 4 sleeps.
SW Motech crashbars and skid plate, bags-connection Speedpack Wide which I had and sold with the 1000, Suzuki centre stand aww yeah. Not a huge fan of 2012 model looks and prefer dials to digital but I'm sure she's a mighty fine machine too.
Couldn't be happier returning to Stromland!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome back! Enjoy and ride safe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
How did you like the speed pack wide?. I bought one and have not used it yet.
Just got the 650 coming off a cruiser.
What a difference. 650 is awesome.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the Speedpack wide, it takes moments to mount and is tight and stable. It also forms a backrest and the top is concave so you can lie a tent and/or bedroll along its length which it comes with buckles and straps for. On the negatory I guess it might contribute to that already quite high centre of gravity compared to panniers. Oh and I'm assuming it also fits as well with the 650 pipes compared to the 1000. 3 sleeps and I'll find out :)
Hope you're as happy with yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts