StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trading my FJR for 12 vstrom 650, however all the dealers around here have them on order and they don't know when they will get them in. One dealer said he called Suzuki and they couldn't give him any idea on delivery dates.

Whats up? Anyone know when S will be bring more 650's to our shores?

·
Registered
72 Posts
My dealer got me a bike, yesterday, by calling Suzuki and seeing if any dealer had one, anywhere. The Suzuki rep found me one (standard model/fox orange), and it should be in in a few days. It was at a dealer who's on shaky ground, financially, and couldn't sell it until he received the front brake switch. I was told that Suzuki has the bikes on a "No Sell" until the brake switch is replaced and they have ran out of switches. My dealer is trying to get me a switch from a dealer in Canada. They sure could sell them, if they could get them!

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
I had a deposit on a '12 that was due in in June, and the dealer just called saying he wouldn't be able to get one at all. I called him last week to make sure the deal was going thru as planned, as I was in the process of selling my '07 1000, and he said no problem. Now he says they are not making any more of the orange ones. Who knows....?

Bottom line: I sold my bike for less than I wanted thinking I had one on the way, and now all the dealers want MSRP or near, or can't get/don't have one.

I'll either have to travel and pay near MSRP or go to an '11, of which there are some pretty good deals around. There is actually one on the floor less than a mile from me, but it will be a cold day....

·
Registered
152 Posts
ZZZIP

Try and call my dealer in Atlantic IA -- I told them everyones trouble getting a wee and they told me anyone that wanted a 2012 Wee could get the same deal I got. 7900 otd.

He said he would just have to call his rep and get one sent to him.

They do not play games.
- Olsen's outdoor power in Atlantic IA.

I was also told the 2012 Vstrom is currently Suzuki's best selling Motorcycle this quarter. Maybe the word is getting out to and the bigger less scrupulous dealers and wanting to sell them for msrp only.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I got approved on March 3rd and they said I have 30 days to take delivery. I wonder if anybody has got shafted on this deal? Like say they give me a call and say "so and so is offering cash at retail price to buy your bike so we sold it. Sucks to be you." :jawdrop:

I'm planning on this Saturday or the next one to go get mine.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
ZZZIP

Try and call my dealer in Atlantic IA -- I told them everyones trouble getting a wee and they told me anyone that wanted a 2012 Wee could get the same deal I got. 7900 otd.

He said he would just have to call his rep and get one sent to him.

They do not play games.
- Olsen's outdoor power in Atlantic IA.

I was also told the 2012 Vstrom is currently Suzuki's best selling Motorcycle this quarter. Maybe the word is getting out to and the bigger less scrupulous dealers and wanting to sell them for msrp only.
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure I am ready to make a 600 mile round trip for a bike at this time.

·
Registered
152 Posts
no problem -- just trying to help --

·
Registered
9 Posts
I guess that the shortage is truly hit and miss. I called four dealers two weeks ago.
One said he didn't have any and didn't plan on getting any, One said he can't get them, One said he had two: an adventure (with no bags yet :confused:) and a standard, and the last dealer said he had three.
The two that didn't have them were the closest ones to me. I took a day off work and slid on down to the dealer that had two of them. I told a friend of mine and we bought both of them. I got the adventure he grabbed the standard.
I hope you all get exactly what you want as quickly as possible. I guess I'm lucky, but I'm glad I got one.. Love it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same here

I just sold my FJR about 3 weeks ago and ordered a 2012 DL650, they cannot get one delivered, what is going on.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
I feel your pain... at least I kept the FJR and sold the DL1000. Looking out side the box, there are some pretty good deals for a left over 2011s out there.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The salesman must have been right about the best selling bike in Suzuki's lineup. They have sold more then they thought they would.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow! Feeling lucky that I snagged one here in So Calif last Saturday at the end of the day...

Looks like it's time to do some research on this "recall"..

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mine was in at the dealers for over a month,,,,,I picked it up a week ago today...........got three hundred miles on it and love it........TD

·
Registered
152 Posts
great to hear zzzzip

congratulations.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts