StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been riding forever and I usually keep two or three bikes. I have my primary bike which is a 2002 ST1100. Then for the other bike or two I buy and ride then sell them to try something new. I previously had a 2004 Wee and sold it but missed it immediately.

I just got an 06 Vee with 5K on the clock. I'm impressed and am shopping for lots of "stuff" to add to it. First and second priorities are adding a Eastern Beaver fuse block, then I ordered a mount so I can use my Zumo 550 and XM antenna on both bikes.

I'm also looking at the new Givi Trekker 3 piece luggage setup. I'm still trying to find feedback on them and pictures on DL1000.

My other plans are to add some exhaust, probably the Leo Vinci. But I have two questions about that before I pull the trigger on a purchase. 1) will they cause excess heater when riding two up? and 2) do I need to remap or something?
I'm a MSF RiderCoach (own a school), write some magazine articles and other assorted motorcycle related stuff.

That's it. Looking forward to making my way through this site a lot more. With all the planned additions to the Vee I'm planning on keeping this one for a while.
Tom

·
Registered
522 Posts
I have an '07 Vee and I really like mine.

The Trekker cases are very nice and they bridge that sidecase or pannier question nicely. I'll probably have a set for my Vee next year. Until then, my e360's will do. I like my E46 topbox better than the Trekker offering. They'll match just fine so it isn't much of an issue there.

Vee's are already lean on the bottom end and adding an aftermarket exhaust will only exaggerate that issue. Yes you can just install the exhaust and ride off just fine. You will still have the lean issues below 4K to deal with. I know this because I ran a set of 2 Bros. on my Vee for a couple of weeks. I liked the weight reduction, but I missed the quiet even more.

I'm in the process of correcting the chudder issue my bike exhibited. This could very well be the second best mod made, as a RDL was by far the best.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts