StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trucked my new 2014 DL1000A home from Delaware, L&D Suzuki. Worth the drive!!!

Shout out to Mike and all the guys there. They put the Rodstrom in, strapped it down with soft ties, and away I went. In and out in 30 minutes.

Here she's almost ready to be hauled at the dealers.

And, here she is safely tucked into the barn for the night.

The weather tomorrow and this weekend should be spectacular, so I'll be breaking her in and learning the feel of the new beast...

Took her for a spin up the street and back just to park her. The wind on the screen barely touched my hat!

I'm about as excited as when I got my first bike at 14 years old. I might even creep down in the garage tonight to see if she's doing well.. :))

Thanks one and all for the advice to get her. I LOVE the red!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way she goes right into my 5.5 ft short bed really well!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Nice. Same color as mine. I took a 2 hour train ride from Boston to New Haven CT to pick mine up and rode it home.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah.. I remember your post on that...

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
you are going to love it!congrats!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Congrats my friend, There is great excitement and euphoria connected to your acquisition.

Keep your head on a swivel, anticipate the cage, be safe!

uncaged

Reactions: scribe308

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great advice always. Thanks..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice colour! Enjoy:) I'm also glad to know my bike will fit in my box if needed! Haha

Reactions: scribe308

·
Registered
392 Posts
I love seeing a bike dirty up in the back of a ute like an Enduro dirty strapped up for transport. New New New TOO!! Your gonna love this one mate!
Ps what Ute you got there

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love seeing a bike dirty up in the back of a ute like an Enduro dirty strapped up for transport. New New New TOO!! Your gonna love this one mate!
Ps what Ute you got there
OzCrow, from the context I gather a ute is my truck? Sorry, I don't know the Australian words for vehicles..

But, my ute (if thats right) is a Ford F150 Supercrew, 5.5 foot (1.67m) short bed.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Congratulations.

The hard part is done, decision making, funds prep, acquisition, now you just have to relax and enjoy, but there is one more thing to do.... farkles.

Get some crash guards on before you dump it, that first tip over is inevitable.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BugMagnet you're right on the money. I've got the OEM crash guards, center stand, and SW Motech skid plate coming. Should be here this weekend or early next week.

Put on my OEM hand guards today. Dealer gave them to me for $50.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Put the first 50 on her today. The break in limit of 4K rpm is tough to stay under, but gave me a few minutes of 70 mph today..

·
Registered
528 Posts
Put the first 50 on her today. The break in limit of 4K rpm is tough to stay under, but gave me a few minutes of 70 mph today.
Lots of different opinions on that. I used to always strictly adhere to the break-in rev limit. Then, an excellent mechanic/former racer told me not only to ignore that, but instead to go ahead and bounce it off the rev limiter. He claimed his bikes ultimately showed a couple more hp on the dyno vs bikes broken in by nana.

·
Registered
617 Posts
When I test rode a DL650 and my now V2, both of which had only a few miles, the dealer said don't worry about the break-in rev limit. He rode one while I rode the other and we traded mid ride. He certainly didn't stay on the low end of the rpm range!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
an excellent mechanic/former racer told me not only to ignore that, but instead to go ahead and bounce it off the rev limiter. He claimed his bikes ultimately showed a couple more hp on the dyno vs bikes broken in by nana.
Wow, this is news to me. I'll have to do some more Googling on this topic. I'd love to be able to move up and down the RPM scale right away..

1 - 20 of 53 Posts