StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
The same tires I have on my bike. I've chosen PR4 because I only ride on paved roads. Love them.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Love mine. Great grip wet or dry. Do fine on gravel roads and dry fire roads.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Does the PR4 suffer above 32 degrees C / 90 degrees F as I've read somewhere?

Not that I'm likely to see those temperatures at home, but might on the summer tour in Montenegro, and next year in Morocco.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No plans on taking my V-Strom offroad. These tires have received rave reviews for years...previous and current generations. I haven't heard of any issues in high temps...but then again, at 90+ degrees....I heading for the beach or pool.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm going to be needing new tires soon and have been looking at these, thanks for the writeup....I've heard nothing but good things from these tires....

·
Registered
600 Posts
I am going to get these when the oem's are done.
Had two sets of PR3's and one set of PR4's on the CBF and really liked them.
I am going for the non trail PR4 for the rear.

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
I'm happy with the stock Bridgestone trailwings....I have 11000 miles on mine and are still holding up fairly well
I agree. I tried other tires on my 2011 wee, but always came back to the oem trail wings. I just my bought a set of them on Amazon for $220. no tax and free shipping to install on my 14 Vee2. These Bridgestone tires are great for mostly road riding,with some hard packed dirt thrown in.:thumbup:

·
Registered
865 Posts
I am going to get these when the oem's are done.
I am going for the non trail PR4 for the rear.
I asked Michelin UK about a trail up front and standard on the rear, and they do not recommend it. I'll guess you'll probably be alright, as others have done this fitment, as long as you don't have an accident, and then have to justify why you've not followed the tyre manufacturers recommendations regarding fitment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have used the PR4 on several different bikes and find them to perform well under all road riding conditions. The most dirt I see is an occasional dirt road on which the are okay. As to the street verses the trail versions, when I mounted both types, it seems that the sidewall on the trail version is stiffer, probably to deal with rougher off road impacts. Also, the PR4 Trail is designed to be used as well on the heavier 1200 adventure bikes which are sometimes heavily loaded with travel gear. Michelin also makes a GT version of the PR4 which is intended for use on high horse power 1300cc+ sport touring bikes.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My rear OEM Bridgestone Battle Wing was well squared by 4,000 km with proper tire pressure of 42 psi maintaned. Hopefully, the PR4 Trails will fair better.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
My rear OEM Bridgestone Battle Wing was well squared by 4,000 km with proper tire pressure of 42 psi maintaned. Hopefully, the PR4 Trails will fair better.
I have a feeling you'll find they do fair better. I have PR4s on my Wee and appears possible that this will be the first year that a set of tires will get me through or beyond one full year of use. Better, I'm expecting, than all three generations of Anakees I've had on my Wee in the past. Was always satisfied with Anakees but I think I'm happier with PR4s.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have PR4s on my Wee and appears possible that this will be the first year that a set of tires will get me through or beyond one full year of use. Better, I'm expecting, than all three generations of Anakees I've had on my Wee in the past.
Do you have the trail front and rear? That they wear better than the Anakee is a real positive in their favour.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Do you have the trail front and rear? That they wear better than the Anakee is a real positive in their favour.
I have PR4 trail front and PR4 road rear. Works fine for me. Very pleased so far, and that's probably about 5 - 7K miles of riding.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have PR4 trail front and PR4 road rear. Works fine for me. Very pleased so far, and that's probably about 5 - 7K miles of riding.
Thanks for the info, Michelin UK don't recommend that fitment. Maybe it's a CYA, or they'll get more money as maybe the Trail rear wears quicker, or maybe there is a problem when you don't have two trail badged tyres fitted :confused:

·
Registered
125 Posts
My buddies and I are running with Shinko 705s. About $160 for a set and got 7k miles from the first rear. Still on the front after 12k. We do go off road no infrequently, and they are nice and stiff for the reduced air pressure when on dirt.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts