Strom Trooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

New to the Vstrom. 2009 with 38,000km here in Australia ad have recently installed and B & B engineering bash plate. Amazing bit of kit!!!! But hugs the stock exhaust pretty tight under the body.

Was wondering if anyone has this skid/bash plate and an aftermarket exhaust system and what if anything will fit.

Cheers guys!

Love the bike. Swapped it for my Sv650s and having heaps more fun on the ‘strom.

Wonderful supports and forums it seems. Will try to attach some picks. New to the whole forum thing.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Clancy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Jeez that thing looks stout. I don’t have one in mine at all, but if you send me that one I’d be happy to test it out and report back :D. I haven’t seen that before, that thing looks like serious piece of armor.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Would you mind posting a closeup pix of the skid plate bracket used below the Givi engine guards? It looks like there is a mounting fitted to the motor and not on the crash bar?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do when I get a tic.

It’s not mounted to the crash bar at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do when I get a tic.

It’s not mounted to the crash bar at all.

It mounts using longer bolts for the oil cooler mount and longer header bolts at the front. Various plates in various tricky orders! But solid. Then another custom plate at the rear where a centre stand would mount. I don’t have one so spacers are included but can accomodate a centre stand. At work but can take more pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Often there are queries on how to mount a skid plate to various brands of engine guard or how to mount a skid plate, if no engine guard is available. Your mounting bracket pix (front and rear) may be of help, to myself and some of the members, as an alternative method of mounting the skid plate. Thanx for sharing the pix of your skid plate mounting brackets.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Welcome to the world of Stroms, what part of OZ are you in ?

All Aussies know B&B build tuff stuff, most would only fit a aftermarket muffler not the complete exhaust.

If that is the case to B&B plate should not give you any problems.

Some people don't like plates that mount directly to the motor, they prefer crash bar mounted plates to keep the impacts away from the motor.

·
Vendor
4,553 Posts
Seems like they are almost there. I rugged off road skid pan I mean. Looks like the could easily make a mounting that connected to the crash bars. A rugged skid pan that connects to the engine is just a bad idea. Maybe they just need some feedback.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback and welcome guys!

I’m on the far south coast of NSW. Near a small town called Bermagui.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
If you add your home town to your profile you may find others in your area looking you up to join them in a ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts