StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Trying to organize a simple overnight camping trip up to Payson, Sedona, Flagstaff, etc somewhere nice with some twisties getting there.

I want to load up the bike with gear and make a "test run", as I'm planning a longer trip this summer/fall.

I know its hot in the valley, but temps up north of PHX should be nice. I was thinking leaving on a Saturday late morning, getting to the campspot and unloading, then taking some time to cruise around.

Most of June works for me to go Saturday stay overnight and come back Sunday morning.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Depending on dates, I'd meet up with ya.

Get a spot down in Oak Creek Canyon between Sedona and Flagstaff. Ride up to Flag and then up to the Snowbowl?

Make sure you go through Jerome on your way.

Are you coming from San Fran? Or did you finally move?

·
Registered
325 Posts
I just camped up in Flagstaff (Sunset Crater National Monument) last weekend. Decided to head back to Phoenix via 89A though Oak Creek Canyon then by way of Jerome then over Mingus Mtn. OCC was a total zoo and all the campgrounds looked full. Jerome was really packed as well. I'd suggest you look for something up Flagstaff way for camping.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
494 Posts
I just camped up in Flagstaff (Sunset Crater National Monument) last weekend. Decided to head back to Phoenix via 89A though Oak Creek Canyon then by way of Jerome then over Mingus Mtn. OCC was a total zoo and all the campgrounds looked full. Jerome was really packed as well. I'd suggest you look for something up Flagstaff way for camping.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Yeah, but the OCC campgrounds have a much nicer ambiance than anything up in Flag. And the campfire ban is in effect now.

I'll leave it up to you biking4jesus. I do know a few cool places to camp up on the mountain also. Free and probably much more peaceful.

·
Registered
14,483 Posts
"I just don't like camping in crowds"

Ain't it the truth? But camping in a crowded campground at a good location still beats sitting at home watching telly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
we finally got moved in (Prescott) last week and will be ready for ride/camp this summer. jdubyap, we are camping/mtbing Flag June 21-23 to ride Eldon and AZT singletrack. You are welcome to to join us

·
Registered
494 Posts
we finally got moved in (Prescott) last week and will be ready for ride/camp this summer. jdubyap, we are camping/mtbing Flag June 21-23 to ride Eldon and AZT singletrack. You are welcome to to join us
I could probably get away for a ride and lunch that weekend! Keep me posted!:thumbup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'll be leaving Preskitt around 530p and arriving campsite at Schultz pass around 7-730pm to set up my tent. Others are coming Thurs to secure camp. I am leading the Sat am ride of about 8? riders up AZT north. Bring a friend/more the merrier :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'm down for anything past the 8th/9th as long as it's not the weekend of the 15th as I have to work then. Should be able to make it out there for a weekend run. What was the name of the campsite ya'll were thinking about?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dang, I just saw this thread. Sounds like fun. I am doing a 4 day Colorado ride the last weekend of June that was originally planned for this weekend. Is this overnighter still happening?

·
Registered
39 Posts
just to be clear,... I posted in response to jdubyap about our .....mountainbike ride...on June 21-23 in Flagstaff, since he lives in FLG/rides mtb/vtrom. If anyone else here wants to join us...it's not a newbie/easy mtb ride, we will be camping off Schultz Pass rd (approx 8,ooo elev), just west of the Schultz tank trailhead area. About 8? of us so far.

·
Registered
494 Posts
just to be clear,... I posted in response to jdubyap about our .....mountainbike ride...on June 21-23 in Flagstaff, since he lives in FLG/rides mtb/vtrom. If anyone else here wants to join us...it's not a newbie/easy mtb ride, we will be camping off Schultz Pass rd (approx 8,ooo elev), just west of the Schultz tank trailhead area. About 8? of us so far.
Yeah.... Don't worry, by the time most interested folks read our posts it'll be mid-August...:green_lol:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts