StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New 2013 Wee and waiting on the service manual to arrive. I'm installing a fork brace and need to loosen the axle pinch bolt to do that then re-torque when done. Can someone look up the torque setting on the pinch bolts for me?

Thanks,
Dan

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
16.5lb-ft is the spec.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great. Thanks. Lot lower than I thought for that.

·
Registered
299 Posts
greywolf-

is that pinch bolt torque measurement the same for a 2009 wee?

thanks in advance.

be well.

rob

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I looked through the instructions I didn't see anything about first loosening the pinch bolt. I just installed per the instructions and it works great.

·
Registered
4,878 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
anyone know if this is always neeeded? For example if the brace fits then don’t loosen the pinch bolt?

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
I think this should be done regularly on all bikes even if there is no brace.

When the bike is assembled the first time or I have a tire fitted I doubt they would take the same care that I would so when I get the bike home I loosen everything off and set it again, it only takes a few minutes then you know it's right.

If you ride the bike from new until the front tire is due for replacement there could already be damage if they didn't get it right the first time.

Reactions: STCorndog

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got it. I’ve never had a bike and not done this type of work so will try and see. From what I can find it’s loosen the bolt and bounce the bike (apply a bouncing motion to the handlebars) and then tighten to spec. Can’t remember if hand the ft/lb torque

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put the front fork brace on successfully. Used a newly bought torque wrench to tighten the pinch axle bolt to 16.5lb ft

1 - 11 of 11 Posts