StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a new chain on and I noticed my cotter pin hole in the axle sticks out too far for a cotter pin to do any good past the castle nut, seems to me I've seen something here that addressed this issue. I mount the axle from the right so as to make it easier to line up the brake...any ideas?
Thanks

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Are the rectangular plates on the outside of both swingarm legs in place as well as the axle spacers and the #13 washer under the nut? Make sure the wheel rotates easily or the #10 spacer may be missing which will destroy the wheel bearings in short order. It a couple of cases, it appears the axle stretched. An extra or thicker washer under the nut will fix that. I like to coat the threads with anti seize and torque the nut to 58lb-ft.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Grey,
Everything seems to be in order as far as all the spacers, the axle does not stick so far out that the pin doesn't do it's job so i'm headed over to the dealer to look at there strom.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
...any ideas?
The only thing that seems to make sense is, you are missing one of the spacers. Take a close look at Greywolf's diagram he has posted. Can you see both spacers if you look in from the rear of the bike, at axle height?

B.L.

·
Registered
165 Posts
If both the outer spacers are there, 4 and 11, the next ones to check are 10 and 15, if either of those are missing you will also have issues, but they will require pulling the wheel to check.

15 is unlikely to be a problem if you didn't touch the bearings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts