StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
1.) You could always be hard core and bump start the bike.

or

2.) Put a battery charger on it, start it and go. Just don't shut it off till you get back. Otherwise, you'll either be walking or doing #1.

Pushing a dead Vstrom sucks, so make sure you have a plan if you dare to venture out.

Tige

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1.) You could always be hard core and bump start the bike.

or

2.) Put a battery charger on it, start it and go. Just don't shut it off till you get back. Otherwise, you'll either be walking or doing #1.

Pushing a dead Vstrom sucks, so make sure you have a plan if you dare to venture out.

Tige
Hey yeah, and it's not like the battery's completely dead. It still holds some charge, just not a "full" charge.

<<<charging>>>

·
Registered
102 Posts
It did hit 60 N.E. Ohio!!! Spotted a yellow strom

Coming home from work today I spotted a yellow strom East bound on rt 90 just past rt57 in Elyria Ohio, headed toward Cleveland. Awsome 60 degree February day on Lake Erie! How good is that!

Immediately went home, got on my Blue K4 Vee and did a little 30 mile loop before momma had me doing some honey dew stuff.

Flush those fluids through it's viens. The ride flushed out mine as well.

Who are you, oh yellow one..........................?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I got the V out today. Had it out last Saturday also. Man it sure feels good to be on the road again.

Headin to Kentucky next weekend for some Dirtbike riding. That is going to be reeeeall nice.

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahh yabastages! Glad you both got a ride in though.

My battery didn't charge enough to turn over the motor and I didn't feel like risking stalling out at stop light. Also got to wondering if it was a good idea to take advice from a guy who seemed a little "mishap prone" on a certain Alaska trip. Where did I read that anyway?:rolleyes:

So I settled for ordering parts. DROVE down to the bike shop and ordered an Interstate battery and a set of the Conti Trail Attacks. Funny thing (YZ) when I was down there shootin' the shit, I got to looking at 1941 Indian they're restoring and I said to my buddy (the shop owner) that I'd really like to do a restoration like that some day. He says "Yeah there was a guy in here a little while ago. He had 3 old Brittish bikes he was trying to sell me. Two were baskets and the other was a Trident. Wish I'd known you were interested in that." The price for the 3 bikes was insanely cheap. I'll leave it at that. He's going to call the guy and see if he still has the bikes. Doing a little praying to the motorcycle gods on that one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts