Strom Trooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
I wonder if there is any helmet-to-helmet capability over Bluetooth without using phone service. Seems like there "should" be with all the other bells and whistles, but I'm surprised they didn't mention it -- if it is supported. Also, for riding two-up it would be pretty nice to be able to disable the driver's camera and then wirelessly connect to the pillion rider's helmet.

I'm not sure I could ever get used to the rear camera feed. I'm guessing I could, but I'm just not sure! It did take me about three years to finally integrate the use of the conical mirrors to help with blind-spots on a car I had. So I assume I could learn to use the rear-view thing too.

I wonder if laws on side mirrors will change at all once these helmets get wide-spread use (if they get wide-spread use.)

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm waiting for Skully to add a front cam and also a slot for the mini cards as in dashcams, as would make a great safety feature for recording.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Geez, would it kill that guy to smile a little? The opening he looks so serious it's like he's informing us of the impending doom of all humanity...

I hope this kind of tech takes off and gets cheaper, but it also worries me that there are more things in the visor to distract the rider. I hope that the cool visuals they have developed are matched by an equally developed intelligent and capable voice control system, because if the whole thing isn't easily and accurately controlled by voice, then it's not going to help people's attention. At least it better be better than my stupid android phone that won't even read me my incoming texts...

I also hope that they don't over-do it on the visuals. I mean how easy would it be to pop up text messages to the HUD, and how many sales would that functionality drive? But much safer would be integrated voice delivery of texts.

Anyway, I don't mean to bash it or anything, I think it's a great direction for development, and I think it has alot of potential to increase safety. Just think about combining the helmet HUD with some of the advance awareness systems on high end vehicle right now. That could be cool, and could be great for rider safety.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts