StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the Avon Storm 3D X-M comes in the right size for our bikes. They are a 100% street sport touring tire, which is what I'm looking for.
Does anyone know anything about Avon tires or has anyone tried these?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I tried the Avon Distanzia on the rear of my '07 Vee. It handled quite well, but wore out real fast. I don't recall the mileage, but I think it was about two-thirds of what I was expecting. I've not tried any other Avon models.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I ran about 4 pairs of Storms on a Beemer, great road tire, great mount and dismount, but the price went through the roof about 6/7 years back.
Have BT023 (T30)'s on my Strom which I think are comparable to the Storms, easy to drag the pegs with either make.
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Avon (Cooper Tires) seems to be slow putting investment money into new motorcycle tire development. The new Storm 3D X-M is getting good press. Tested: Avon Storm 3D X-M tyre review - Product features - Visordown Scrubby, put on a set and write a review for us after you get some miles on them.

This review found them to be very good, but not quite as good as the Pilot Road 4 in the wet.

By the way, the Bridgestone Battleax T30 is a replacement for the BT023, not the same tire.

(Cooper has been upgrading their car & light truck tire line--maybe that's where they've been putting their development money. Their planned buy-out by an Indian tire company fell through when the value of the rupee dropped.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts