StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At 8,000 miles, the stock tires on my 2012 DL650 were worn out. I bought a set of Avon Storm 3D XM's. Of course, anytime you swap out old, worn out rubber for new, things are going to be very different - usually in a good way. These tires were no exception. I do not go off road (much), so I was looking for a "Street Only" tire. The odd sizing of the front limits selection if looking for a matched pair.
I had always wanted to try Avon tires, and the new Storm's are available in the correct sizes for my bike. I also wanted to see if there was another "Great" tire for our bikes out there besides the Michelin Pilot Road 4's that everyone here seems to rave about.
In short, I like them. A lot. They feel so smooth compared to the stock tires! They take smaller, sharp hits much better. Maybe that is because they have a lot of tread rubber compared to my worn stock tires, but whatever the reason, they sure feel nice.
Turn in is very quick, and I have yet to slide either end (unlike the stock Bridgestones).
Only time will tell if I get the "extended mileage" promised, but for now, I am very happy with my selection.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Keep us posted as you get some miles on them.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts