StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I recetly posted a warning about how the electrical diagram is reportedly wrong from the Suzuki factory for the 2012 DL1000L2 (perhaps all years, I don't know) regarding the coil assemblies. The story behind this is that I ordered the rear coil (left side of the bike) from Partzilla because they were about $20 cheaper than anyone else plus free shipping. The electrical parts diagram is missing on their website, however you can use any other website (I tried half a dozen to make sure) and they are ALL the same diagram, plus every other website's electrical parts list perfectly matches the Partzilla website electrical parts list.

I ordered part#14 COIL ASSY, IGNITION 33420-06G00

This is for the REAR cylinder and the coil mounts on the LEFT side of the bike. Note that it is a few dollars more expensive (again, everywhere) ostensibly due to the longer wire, which is factory installed and not removable.

What I was sent is a coil with a wire that is only 12.5" long and is too short. You can see that I ordered the correct coil and the correct part number, based on ANY available electrical parts diagram. I called Partzilla and spoke to a guy who listened to my story and told me he would verify with the Suzuki parts factory to see if the part numbers were switched on their diagram. 30 minutes later he called me back and verified that Suzuki told him they had made a mistake on their diagram and swapped the part numbers. Later I posted that warning here about the incorrect electrical diagram.

He then proceeded to tell me that he would send a label for me to return the wrong part at their expense, and he would order the OTHER coil and have it shipped to me 2nd-day air, again at their expense. I thought this was wonderful, and complemented him on his customer service. I waited a week and heard nothing and got no email and no new coil...

So today (Saturday) I called back and spoke to another guy at Partzilla, who proceeded to tell me that there was NO record of any of this in the order and no new order was ever placed and that I would have to return the part and pay for return shipping plus a 15% restock fee because there is no proof of anything I told him and obviously I ordered the wrong part.

So instead of blowing up (like I wanted to) I kept my cool and walked through the story with him, making him go to a parts website on the Internet (I had him use suzukipart.com) and look up the diagram WHICH IS MISSING FROM PARTZILLA'S WEBSITE. Then I pointed out how the parts list and part numbers are identical to their website, and how I ordered the rear coil according to the diagram and got the correct box but apparently the other coil was put inside of it.

I gave him the 12.5" wire measurement and told him the correct coil has a longer wire on it. He said he would call me back Monday and see what he can do. I've waited a week extra for this part that the previous guy was lying to me about...I am simply flabbergasted that he would go through a 45 minute phone call and even call me back telling me he had contacted the factory and verified that their diagram was wrong, but he made no notes on the call and was actually making everything up!? How can someone like that live with themselves?

So just a warning, regardless of whether I actually get the correct part or have to pay all of the extra fees & shipping, ask yourself if you want to potentially go through this--there are plenty of other parts companies out there, I would suggest you not use Partzilla.

p.s. I promise you that every word I've written is the truth on my grandmother's grave, I have no incentive to lie about something like this. I told this last customer service guy the same thing. If a man doesn't have his word to rely on, he has nothing of value in this world.

UPDATE: 05/14/2018 Saturday the 12th I called them to find out what the status of my reorder was, and "George" told me there was NO record of anything I had discussed with the other guy 8 days earlier. He promised me he would check with his manager on Monday (today) and call me back Monday afternoon. I never received a call.

UPDATE: 05/15/2018 I called them at 5:30am my time and asked for a manager immediately. I patiently explained (to "Tim") the entire story and he said he would check with Suzuki and call me back. He actually did. Plus, he said he "found" the original notes the first guy had made, but couldn't explain why the order never "went out" or why the return label was never sent. He told me that Suzuki confirmed that they had misprinted the part numbers for the two coils, swapping them on the diagram and parts list, and that the longer wired coil was #33410-06G00 instead. So he told me he would have Suzuki ship them that one quickly and Partzilla would overnight it to me at no charge, plus said he already sent me the return label for the wrong one I have, and finally since it was a different part# he had to charge me for the new one but he had already refunded my entire previous order, and would only charge me what their employees pay. It saved me about $10 and I didn't have to pay shipping. I'm waiting to see if I get the label and the new part, but once bitten twice shy...

FINAL UPDATE: 05/22/2018 I did receive the shipping return label for the wrong part and sent it back. I also received the other coil and it WAS correct, so this confirms that Suzuki made a mistake and reversed the part numbers for the two coils on their parts diagram. I will see if I get the refunds and correct charges, but after a month of struggling to get the right part, not my fault, and only partially their fault, I'm done with it.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Mushu, when I order parts from anywhere for anything I always give them my e-mail address and request a copy of the invoice for the order I just placed.If I dont get the invoice within 3 hours, I call them back to verify everything and again ask for a copy of the invoice.
You can never be sure others will do what they say they will. Verification is the key.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,549 Posts
In this day and age we all want to pay less for stuff.

We don't want to buy at the Suzuki Dealer.

This would be an easy fix had the part been bought at the Dealer.

Those are NOT Partzilla's parts diagrams. It is Suzuki's and Partzilla has the rights to use them. That is why all of them are the same when you look at other sources. If you ordered the part by using some other parts diagram ( because Partzilla didn't have one? ) then they ordered the part you requested. Maybe they knew there was a problem and took that diagram down?

I used to buy from Partzilla, found them to be accomodating. But I can see how this could be mishandled. They will end up eating the part if returned, but there is a "budget" for that. I am most interested in the report of them not following through. That is bad business. Don't promise what you cannot deliver!!!!

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
It doesn't take too many reports of bad customer service for me to decide not to buy from a particular online supplier. It's not so much the flubbing of an order; that can happen to anyone. It's how they rectify the problem. The fact that you made three calls to Partzilla and on each call they had no record of the previous call, had taken no steps to fulfill the order, and required you to keep explaining the issue would be enough for me to never order from them again, even if others had reported positive experiences. Just the fact that three different customer service reps dropped the ball before you talked to the manager would move them into the "never again" category for me.

Rocky Mountain ATV has been my go-to online OEM part supplier for quite a while now. They did send an incomplete order once. I called them, they were very apologetic, and they next-day expressed the missing part to me. That's the kind of thing that keeps me coming back. Invariably, they're also faster getting a part to me than if I order from a local motorcycle shop.

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Using paypal, I get automated responses seemingly every time. I save those in the been seen file until the item arrives.
Sometimes when something comes from China on a sail driven junk it may be a month or more and I forget what the dang charge on the card is.
I need the reminders.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You always have to get the name (including last name/employee ID, extension or whatever) of the person you talked to. That way you can call back and tell the new guy to go find Joe Blow at extension 456 and ask him where the heck your replacement parts are. It would probably shorten the process considerably.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've purchased a ton of stuff from Partzilla to be shipped to a freight forwarder in San Diego and then on to me at the bottom of Baja. I've been repairing my 2 Yamaha quads plus a neighbors Honda Rancher (yuck) plus two old Honda FourTrax for my renters over 8 years here. From body parts to axles to exhaust systems Not one problem ever. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm another customer that has never had a single problem using Partzilla. I've placed many orders, for many different bikes, worth a couple of thousand dollars and I've always promptly received the right part at a good price and usually with free shipping. The OP's problem isn't with Partzilla but with Suzuki which made a mistake with their parts diagram. He placed an order with Partzilla for part #XXXXXXXXXX and they sent him part #XXXXXXXXXX. I guess Partzilla screwed up by not sending him a shipping label to return the exact part he ordered, but to issue a warning to "Avoid ordering parts from Partzilla" is a bit much in this case. Just my 2 cents on the issue.
Jump to Latest

1 - 11 of 11 Posts