StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rather new to this forum and I am sure that this question has been answered multiple times. Simply, what is the "average" chain life for a wee which is limited to street riding. My buddy and I have a background almost exclusively with BMW's, so chain smarts is limited.

· Registered
3,923 Posts
Avg of 2 chains 22,500 miles. Lube and proper adjustment will make the biggest difference here. I screwd up on my 2nd chain with lube and only got 17K miles before it kinked.

4 front sprockets, avg 12,500 each. Turn'm around and use the backside to 20K miles each.

2 rear sprockets, don't know. I replaced it at 28,000 miles but comparing the new and old one, I didn't see much difference. After 50K miles, I still have 2 seemingly good rear sprockets.

· Registered
7,576 Posts
The quality of the chain also matters. The OEM chain is good, and there are aftermarket chains of better quality. OEM sprockets seem to be as good as the best (but cheaper) aftermarket sprockets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.