StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I want to install a cam. Is there an available accessory wire, alive only when the bike is on?

Thanks,
Ilan

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks its very informative, still Im wondering is there's a switched wire in the front area, that is intended to connect accesories, instead of striping a wire?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Look under popular forums, 2012-2016 dl650, Aux Connector thread

or just google stormtrooper aux connector

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,221 Posts
Yah, it's hidden on the left side near the radiator on the older models. Eastern Beaver make a jumper for it or available from your handy Suzuki dealer.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
60 Posts
There are two switched accessory plugs on the Glee. The one behind the top left corner of the radiator is intended for heated grips and it is difficult to get to - remove tank, tilt radiator etc. There is another in the right side of the fairing intended for all your little electronic doodahs. You can access this without removing any panels but it is tight, probably easier to pull some plastic off but this is easy, only takes a few minutes.

With a torch you will see the wiring harness tied to the vertical fairing mount bracket. Just fiddle a bit, unwind some tape and you will see the plug. I couldn't find a matching plug locally (Eastern Beaver i am sure will have them) so just cut it off & joined on with Waygo terminals. I used it to run a USB port up on top of the instruments. It has been powering my GPS happily for ~10,00km now.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!

I like the word doodahs!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
There is another in the right side of the fairing intended for all your little electronic doodahs.
You meant the left side if I'm seating on the bike? (Cause I can't see any wires on the right)

Another thing, the cam doesn't come with a fuse, so I'll add one. What amper number should be right for a cam?

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
While seated on the bike:

Left side just above the radiator with white tape around it = Heated Grip Adapter

Right side, tucked up under the fairing, to the right and up of the right headlight, is a black adapter that is capped = Aux Connector

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Both are switched.

I have Oxford heated grips connected to the heated grip plug via an Eastern Beaver cable.

I have LED headlights wired into the aux connector via a switch, and also with an Eastern Beaver cable.

Plug and play.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great. Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can't get the accessory wire cap off. Any tips?

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok got the little bugger out

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
With a torch you will see the wiring harness tied to the vertical fairing mount bracket.
As an American that also speaks British I would like to translate:
torch = flashlight, NOT a flaming propane torch... :)

This has been a free PSA

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I use the accessory plug with Eastern Beaver adapter to power my Mobius action cam and my volt meter/USB port combo.

I'm also a big fan of positaps if you'd rather go that route because you need more power or because you need to set up a relay.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts